Chapter 9 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

*𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯-

"Stop!" Alice said as we all looked at her

"Stop!" Alice said as we all looked at her. "I didn't see them..." Edward and Jasper were immediately at Bella and I's side.

Layla looks around at the woods as the family instantly gathers at home plate. "They're traveling so quickly," Alice replied. "You said they left the county," Rosalie asked her.

"They did, but then they heard us...," Alice corrected as she looked at Edward. "And changed their minds."

"Put your hair down," Edward told Bella as she removed her hair from her ponytail. "Like that'll help. I could smell them from across the field," Rosalie sneered.

Edward ignored Rosalie as he arranges Bella's hair. "I shouldn't have brought you here," Jasper told me. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be," I responded. "It's not your fault."

"They're here," Layla announced. Suddenly, they all turn as one toward the edge of the forest. There's a faint rustle... then three people emerge.

As they were near, Bella and I saw their bare feet, then the deep burgundy color of their eyes.

The guy in front had dreads with dark skin. The other guy was pale white with blond hair. The girl had wild red hair and the second guy had on Waylon's jacket.

The first guy holds up the baseball. I crouched lightly.

No one noticed, Layla did.

"I believe this belongs to you," he replied as he tosses the ball. But his casual toss is still blindingly fast. Carlisle easily catches it and smiled politely. "Thank you," Carlisle thanked him.

"Would you like to have three more players?" The guy asked.

"Of course," Carlisle replied.

"I'm Laurent," he introduced them. "This is Victoria. And James." James looked at me as I held onto Jasper. Jasper squeezed my hand as he looked at me. I felt my emotions change.