Chapter 22

*𝐈𝐟 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐯-

The next morning, everything was peaceful and perfect. Neytiri was asleep in Jake's arms. Their position had changed, with him behind her, arm draped over her side.

Neytiri's head on his arm like a pillow. His head gently resting on hers.

Until Neytiri felt a shooting pain through her soul. Neytiri gasped and opened her eyes quickly, hearing the sounds of beeping, meaning RDA machinery was close.

The pain stung again, even worse this time and Neytiri screamed in pain.

Neytiri got up quickly and looked behind them to see through the trees were giant bulldozers coming straight for them. Tearing down any trees in their path.

The pain was the worst she had ever felt and Neytiri sobbed seeing the Ancient Trees of Voices being torn down.

Neytiri looked back down at Jake's peaceful sleeping body and began to shake him desperately with one hand while the other clutched her stomach.

"Jake!" Neytiri cried out through her tears. "Ma Jake, please! Wake up!"

"Don't forget your phase interrogation." Norm said to human Jake as he climbed into the pod, preparing the monitors himself to link back to his Avatar.

"No, no, the middle button." He explained as he wheelied himself in Jake's wheel chair.

"Jake!" Grace called out to him. "You gotta eat something." She walked around the corner with a plate and a glass for him. "Yeah, there ya go." Norm nodded.

"Jake! Jake, Wake up! Jake, please." Neytiri continued to cry for him, but it was clear he wasn't coming too any time soon.

The bulldozers were approaching and Neytiri wasn't about to let them run him over. So Neytiri stood up and wrapped her arms under his and began to pull him backwards.

"Don't make me force feed a cripple." Grace chuckled alongside Jake and Norm.

"Grace, I don't want... Hey!" Jake protested as she shut down the pod machine. He wanted nothing more than to return to his body and get back to Neytiri.

Trees began to fall around us and Neytiri grunted, bending down in pain and a tree fell, nearly falling onto Jake's legs. Neytiri pulled with all the strength she had in her trying to get him to safety.

Jake sat on the pod and scarfed down the scrambled eggs Grace had made him. She chuckled watching him eat.

There was a large trunk on the ground and Neytiri forced herself over it first, before reaching back down and grabbing Jake's arm, pulling his body as hard as she could up towards mine.