Chapter 16 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

*𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯-𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦-

Jake listened to all the sounds around him, I chuckled, from cricking bugs to yowling in the distance

A gurgling sort of sound appeared on our side and Jake quickly turned, gun aimed up at the monkey like creatures.

"No" I told him, One stopped and stared down at him, while he looked back.

The creature wasn't fuzzy, it had rubbery like skin, almost like their own, with four arms instead of two, and blue and yellow markings all over its body.

"Prolemuris. They're not aggressive." Grace explained quickly as the creature moved away. "Relax, Marine." Grace shoved the barrel of the gun down towards the ground.

"You're making me nervous."

"So, how will they know we're here?" Norm asked, the further we traveled into the trees.

"I'm sure they're watching us right now." Grace answered him simply. Norm stopped and looked around. "They always are," I added.

"Keep moving, Norm." Jake sighed.

"Keep up, guys!" Grace called back to them as she walked ahead. "And here I go." Grace said, inserting a needle into the root of one of the trees they made a stop at, to collect data.

I looked around at the trees and quickly let out a short gasp. "What?" Jake asked, looking at me.

"Nothing" I said, looking at one of the trees. I realized it was Neytiri. I smiled at her, winking. Neytiri returned it, watching us, looking at Jake.

I smiled gently to myself, at my old friend that I had not seen in months. The voices whispered to me once more, as if to tell me she's not here for me or Grace. Not this time.

I see her watching Jake, she's trying to see his face.

I stood up and walked across the tree branches to try and get to her, without giving her away but she ran off.