Chapter 29

*𝐈𝐟 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞-

It's dark. Riley appears in the shadows dragging by the collar a barely conscious, athletic, young man, Tristan, 18.

Riley effortlessly pulls Tristan's weight behind him as he traverses the long stretch of the underpass. Tristan tried desperately to focus. The bump on his head prevented lucidity.

"Stop... I...," He tried to say but he's dragged over a stone and cries out in pain.

Riley ignores him, finally reaching his destination. He released Tristan who drops hard to the ground. Tristan's blinded by the darkness, dazed, terrified. He started to crawl away.

He doesn't see a pair of boots step up behind him.

He managed to get to his feet, about to run, when suddenly a hand wrenches him backward. it's Victoria. She forced him to his knees, his back to her.

She shot a smile at Riley.

He returned it, backing away from the coming blood. She yanked Tristan's head to the side to expose his neck. "Welcome to the army,"

Victoria said as she bites into his neck, releasing venom into his bloodstream.

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐯-

Edward exited with Bella on his heels, Jasper and Marali following suit

Edward exited with Bella on his heels, Jasper and Marali following suit. "I'm not just gonna hide, while you're taking all the risks for me?" Bella asked them.

"If it's Victoria involved, I need to keep you as far away from the fight as possible," Edward told her.

"Both of you." He looked at Marali. "I'm capable of protecting myself" Marali scoffed. "Jasper said that we could be of help," Bella added as Jasper nods.

"We won't need your help. With the wolves in this, it's an easy win. The rest of us aren't gonna have enough to do," Edward told her.

"Okay, either it's so dangerous that Marali and I have to hide. Or it's so easy, that you're gonna be side blind, which is it?" Bella asked. "It's dangerous for you. It's easy for us," Edward stated.