SHAKE BITE

As the early morning sun rises above the face of the earth and the Destiny's bounty, the ninja were in their room sleeping peacefully until their door was knocked opened. Sensei wu nodded at bai he, who had a excited toothy grin on her face before she started banging on a gong, the loud noise waking the sleepy heads up from their sleep.

"Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!". She said, as she and sensei wu entered the room.

"Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!". Wu yelled through all the banging as the ninja groaned in disapproval of being awake so early while trying to cover their ears with their pillows and blankets. "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity".

"So get up!". Jing happily matched around the room, playing the instrument even louder just to annoy them for fun.

Kai was the first to get up in defeat. "Okay, okay, we're up. But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?".

Cole stretches his back. "You call that a rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress. And will you stop playing that things?!". He looked at jing with annoyances.

The nine year old stops playing and looks at him. "I'm a kid, so it's basically my job to annoy you guys". She went back to playing, to which her brother sighs in defeat.

"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time". Jay exclaimed, getting out of bed and walking towards the sink. "Since the serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head".

The lightning ninja starts brushing his teeth but spits out some dirt that replaced the water on his toothpaste.

Zane starts doing some yoga stretches. "What is our lesson today, sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace to-". He gets caught off by the ground bracking and falls in as he coughs.

"I think today's lesson would be chores".

"CHORES?!". The ninja repeated in a complaining way, to which jing giggled.

"Ninja fight, sensei. They do not clean". Cole argued.

"I bet pirates once lived in this ship and even they would've taken better care of it".

"Not helping kid".

"I know".

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when we return. And put your backs into it".

"Have fun with your chores". Jing gave the hand gong one last bang before following sensei wu out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After returning back from the local market and putting the groceries away, nya, bai he and sensei wu entered the game room to find the ninja in their gi playing video games.

"Woah!". Jing was impressed by how clean the whole place was, along with the other rooms they had looked for the ninja in.

Kai was the first to notice their arrival. "What took you so long?".

"Wow, this place looks amazing!". Nya commented. "You guys did all this?".

"Ninja don't just fight, nya. We clean". Cole exclaimed.

"Mmm-hmm". Bai he gave an unfazed look as she dipped her hands into her jacket pocket.

"Oh, you have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up?". Sensei exclaimed.