ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY

The chapter starts with the ninja gang in the ship's deck. Yesterday when the ninja came back, bai he found out some shocking news. Zane was a robot. A freaking robot! But Jay calls him a ninjoid, so they were sticking with that. Not only that but he was the first to unlock his true potential. Bai he wished she could've seen it, but oh well, she'll get her chance to see the other's full potential. Anyway back to the present. Nya takes the covers off to reveal a serpentine skeleton.

"Some players unearthed the remains of this fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the golden age, and must be hundreds of years old". She points a blue laser pointer on the skeleton. "Although the venom in the fangs of the fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an anti-venom".

As nya explained, the ninja were doing their own thing. Zane was the only one taking notes, Kai was board, Cole was drawing a picture of himself fighting, jing was doing the same but hers was of the purple ninja, and lastly Jay, with a new hairdo, stares dreamyly at the Smith girl with an infatuated expression on his face.

"If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects". Nya's cheeks turned pink.  "Resulting in . . . Diminished, uh, excuse me, us someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume".

"Heh. You told me it was men's cologne". A panicked and nervous blue ninja whispered to the not caring brother of his not-so-secret crush.

"Heh, I get them mixed up". Kai shares a laughed with the others boys as they high five before the white ninja turns off his humor switch.

Jing grabbed a box of tissues on the table and walks over to the samurai girl. "Here you go, nya".

She smiles in appreciation, accepting the tissues form bai he, who turned to Kai glaring.

"That wasn't funny, red. She could've gotten sick".

The fire ninja just waved her off, making her scoff and roll her eyes. The ninja then grabbed their books and got up.

"Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some serpentine before they find any fanblades". Cole exclaimed.

"Sounds like a plan". Kai commented, on board to it.

"I'm excited to join". Zane said, agreeing with the red ninja.

Bai he follows the three boys out, but stop and hid when she heard Jay talking to nya.

"Uh, hey, uh, nya, I'm sorry. The reason I was, you know  i went to Kai because-look. What I'm trying to say is-".

"I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes". She reassured, to which he shook his head.

"No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our true potential".

The pink on nya's cheeks immediately became a blush. "Impress me? But I look so . . ."

"Fantastic".

Jing gasp softly, mentally squealing. Jay may not be her favourite ninja but they'd sure make a cute couple.

Nya shyly plays with a strand of her hair as Jay spoke.

"Look, may be, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to-".

"You mean like a date?".

"Um, yeah?".

"Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enters my blood stream and I go into shock. See you tonight".