👑 Chapter four. 👑

She told him that two Templar men attacked her and Edward on the pretext of taxes and recounted exactly what they did until she winced when she remembered Edward and spontaneously stood up.

Felix, with amazement: "What's there? Do you feel any pain?"

Annie: "No... But I have to go. Please lend me a horse. It doesn't matter if he's weak; I have to go home. There's no doubt that my father is worried, and he's injured. I don't know how he is doing."

Felix remained silent and then answered in a low voice, "I can't."

Annie: "Why?" I am grateful to you for what you have done for me, and I will remain indebted to you all my life. But I have to go right away."

Felix: "You are the witness to the incident; we need you in the investigation to convict the perpetrator, so everyone takes what he deserves... As for your father, I will send my best horsemen there."

《I'm aware of it; they have to get what they deserve, but at the same time, I know it's going to take a lot of time. I opened my mouth to answer him about my decision until we were interrupted by the sound of a constant door knocking as if the person was in a hurry.》

Felix: "We'll continue our conversation later, Miss... Yes, come in."

A knight wearing the same outfit as Felix entered, his face troubled and fatigue dawning on him. He caught his breath for a while, stepped near Felix's ear, and whispered something to him. I sensed that something was wrong as his eyes widened and he gritted his teeth in anger. I didn't hold back my curiosity and asked him what was going on.

He turned to me with a face filled with great disappointment and said coldly:

"The temple intervened and released the accused."

《Even though I didn't get my full strength back, I stood up surprised by what I heard—is there anything worse than releasing criminals?—but that wasn't all; given Felix's hesitation, he still had other news.》

"Miss, I'm sorry to tell you... But you have been accused of assaulting a Templar, and they are demanding to punish you themselves."

Although I heard what he said, I didn't understand what had happened or what was going on with me.

Annie with a shocked face: "How is that?"!"

Then the memories of the incident came back like a flash. The tables have been turned in their favour; how not? With the temple's boundless power, even the king couldn't stand up to them.

《I realised that things were getting complicated, and it went too far. Moments ago I was celebrating my birthday, and then I'm at the mercy of the temple.》

Felix put his hand on my shoulder, which was trembling, trying to calm me down.

Felix: "Don't worry. I'll figure something out. So that things don't get complicated, for now just go along with the temple."

It was only moments until they heard a noise coming from outside the window, and someone shouted, "Where is the girl?

Felix, in a sarcastic tone, said, "Speaking of the devil, here they have come like flies."

I bent my knees over the bed and stretched my body towards the window to see the cause of the noise, and as the Temple men approached, one of them got off his horse and opened the carriage's door, and out came a man who looked like a priest in a more elegant outfit; looking at the way he was received, he seemed to be a higher-position man.

Annie wondered, "Why did he come?! Don't tell me he came for my punishment."

Three guards entered the chamber where the others were gathered; they approached Felix and rudely requested his cooperation in escorting Annie, who stood fragile and vulnerable. Forcefully, one of the guards tightly clasped her wrist, guiding her away from the room. However, before allowing them to depart, Felix's strong resolve compelled him to intervene. With a firm grip, he seized the hand of the guard, causing a dazzling display of sparks to emanate from his unwavering gaze, and spoke with profound concern.