👑 Chapter twenty-one 👑

"I feel calm once again, which I haven't felt after going through many things lately. I cannot fully express how thankful I am to Felix for his selfless actions, which have helped me find peace and appreciate the beauty around me.", Annie was lost in thought throughout the entire journey.

As they finally arrived at their intended location, the air around them became inundated with the harmonious melodies of music and the joyous chorus of singing voices. An irresistible scent of delectable sweets and mouth-watering barbecue permeated the atmosphere, enticing their senses and heightening their anticipation.

"Here we are!" said the old man, pausing near a stable to unload the straw.

The two youthful cousins expressed their gratitude towards him and began their journey through the bustling city streets, making their way towards the central square.

As soon as Annie's feet touched the ground, she was immediately captivated by the intricate details of the architecture, filling her eyes with wonder. The cobbled roadways beneath her were carefully paved with arranged gravel, and the surrounding buildings were predominantly half-timbered, filled with wattle and daub, and crowned with vibrant red brick roofs. The houses had small windows, allowing only a few rays of sunlight to gently filter in and illuminate the interiors. A few people were roaming, heading in the same direction to the festival, wearing beautiful clothes.

"Before we dive into the heart of the festival," Felix offered his hand to Annie, while she looked into his worried face in hesitation, so he said, "I just don't want to lose you in the crowd," he explained.

As Annie gave him a slight nod and nestled her hand into Felix's warm palm, a radiant smile spread across her face, serving as a heartfelt gesture to convey her deep appreciation for his remarkable worry and care.

The celebration transformed the entire capital into a vibrant canvas adorned with the colours of jubilation and merriment. Annie, cunningly concealing her identity with a lustrous black wig, and Felix, adorned in humble commoner's clothing, effortlessly assimilated into the bustling crowd, becoming indistinguishable from the joyful revellers.

The atmosphere crackled with laughter, sizzling grills releasing tantalising aromas, and spirited music weaving a harmonious melody. Enchantment pulsed through the air, captivating all those present. Dancers twirled in graceful unison, their synchronised steps mesmerising onlookers. Vibrant stalls are brimmed with delectable treats, arousing the senses with every tempting display.

Annie and Felix, fleeting escapes from the burdens of their titles, felt the irresistible pull of the jubilant celebration. They savoured savoury skewers, indulged in sweet pastries, and relished exotic concoctions that danced on their tongues.

Felix's contagious excitement persuaded Annie to join a joyous dance with spirited locals. "Let's join them!" Felix urged her, pulling her into the middle of the dancing circle.

Annie looked at the childish smile he drew on his face in wonder. " I did not know he had this side of him!"

Under the sunlight, they swayed and twirled, laughter erupting as they moved in perfect harmony with the infectious rhythm. They did not have to follow a rule or a way to dance; they just felt the music and moved.

Annie and Felix were walking through a crowd when they noticed a humble wooden platform. The worn velvet curtains on the platform were gently swaying in the breeze. The setting had a delightful rustic charm, with old trunks used as seats for an eager audience arranged in a Annie and Felix found a comfortable spot on a sturdy trunk and could sense the excitement building in the air, they exchanged a grateful smile.

"Do you know the theme of the play?" Annie asked in wonder after watching the excitement on the audience's faces.

"I've heard it is a tragic play inspired by the last king and queen's love story," he said in a dry tone, then shrugged with a grin and said, "Jeez It is built on rumours."