👑 Chapter Five 👑

⟪My eyes were blinking, I was sleepy, and I didn't know how long I would be there. The only thing I knew, was that things got out of hand. I didn't know what I'd done to deserve all this. Was it possible that this was my punishment because I tried to ignore Uncle Jones? The irony of fate!⟫

"Is she here?", the voice echoed 

"Yes, Your Holiness... In cell number four.",

"What's this?! People's voices are coming towards me. My legs were numb, and I stayed in one position while sitting. I can't stand to see what's going on", Annie wondered in fear 

The high priest stood in front of Annie's cell as two guards entered, each grabbing her arms and lifting her off the ground, and then they moved her outside.

                                                            ***************♡*************
Uncle Jones said in a voice closer to a whisper, "Wake up, Edward, my friend."

The other opened his eyes in a daze and tried to get out of bed, but Jones pressed his shoulders, brought him back, and kept him lying down. His leg was wrapped in bandages, and a bowl was placed near him as a substance to relieve his fever.

Edward muttered, "Where is Annie? ... Tell me where Annie is, Jones!"

Jones felt displeased and shouted at his friend: "Come on! You've come back from death, and now the first thing you are thinking about is her, the cause of your bad condition."

After he had absorbed his shout at a sick person, he began to stutter, trying to apologise.

Jones: "Listen... I~~"

Edward interrupted his words: "Get out of my sight!"

In a fit of rage, Jones took out all the words he wanted to say a long time ago at once.

Jones _angrily_: "Do you know if I was a little late you would die... Why did you involve yourself in taking care of that child, knowing that she is not an ordinary girl? Since that noble woman who gave you Annie and communicated with you by letters suddenly disappeared, there is no doubt that she has a lot behind her, and she will not calm down until she puts you in trouble... So leave things as they are and let them take Annie if they want. She doesn't belong here. Her family will find her anyway. Also, whatever happens to her, it's none of our business, especially you!"

Edward got up from his bed and walked a few lame steps leaning on the wall, then stopped. He was as calm as the calm before the storm. And here Jones stayed, watching his friend and what he intended to do.

Edward spoke without looking at his friend's face in a calm, threatening tone: "I'm going out... But if you follow me... Forget that you have a friend named Edward."

He continued his walking, until he left the house, while Jones remained remorseful for his harsh words and, at the same time, angry at Annie, whom he held responsible for Edward's suffering and their deteriorated friendship.

                                                         ***************♡*************
Meanwhile, the carriage that was supposed to take Annie to the royal palace arrived. A large gate with the symbol of the royal family on it, even the guards found it difficult to open it.

Annie woke up to the noise of the gate opening and put her head out of the carriage window to see where she was.

A straight path passes through the front garden of the palace, where neatly trimmed trees line the sides in parallel. Brightly coloured flowers that she had never seen in her life were planted there, and right in front of them was a large fountain that spewed water like a waterfall without stopping. But what caught her attention the most was the palace, the sight of which inspires greatness and awe at first sight.