👑 Chapter fifteen 👑

In a peaceful and quiet setting, Lord Peter Grimraven, Felix's right-hand man, was carefully writing down his findings from the reports he had just read. The atmosphere was filled with a sense of tranquillity as he immersed himself in his work, completely absorbed in the task at hand. However, this scene of serenity was suddenly interrupted by Felix's dramatic entrance through the window, looking like a fugitive frantically trying to escape capture.

In annoyance, Peter pointed his eyes at the door and shouted, "Just tell me why the door is there."

Felix replied, "Forget about the door and listen to me."

Peter replied after guessing the case, "If it's one of the extra jobs you're giving me so you can have fun at the night festival, just forget the whole thing."

Felix "No, it's not... Wait! Is there a festival at night?"

Peter gave his "I-knew-it stare" to Felix as he was talking about the festival.

Felix, "Ahem, I think this is not our subject... Whatever, I hide a dead body; I want you to analyse it."

Peter released a sigh, then nagged: "Felix, you always manage to find trouble, even during peaceful times like this. This is too much, man."

"Hurry up! We have no time to waste... I have already carried the body into the catacomb and covered it with a makeshift shroud,", Felix said.

Peter talked with a sceptical tone:" Why are you so secretive about the body? Don't tell me you are involved in the crime; thus, you want me to fake the death."

Felix rolled his eyes at the ridiculous conclusion and said with a serious tone, "The man was killed by the temple, and the girl that was kidnapped days ago is his daughter."

Peter interrupted, "Do you mean the commoner girl is targeted, not her father? But why are they looking for her anyway?"

Felix: "The matter is not as puzzling as it is concerning to me why the king keeps the girl in the Pearl Palace instead of helping the girl with a quick intervention and releasing her."

Peter, "It's puzzling."

Peter's eyes widened in surprise as Felix handed him the wooden box. "What's this?" he asked.

"Edward's head," Felix replied with a calm tone. "I thought you might want to analyse it too"

Peter took a deep breath and opened the box. Inside, nestled in a bed of soft cotton, was Edward's head. It was pale and lifeless, with his eyes closed and his mouth slightly open.

"OK, It's on me", Peter said

"Thanks, Peter," Felix said. "I can't do it without you."

After giving Peter the instructions and map, Felix departed from Peter's study with a determined stride. He made his way, riding his horse, through the city's winding streets, shadows lengthening as the sun dipped below the horizon. The tower, ominous and shrouded in legends of torment and despair, loomed in the distance.

As he approached the tower, The legends surrounding this place spoke of vengeful spirits, and the air felt heavy with the weight of suffering that had occurred within its walls. Felix pushed the decrepit wooden door, whose hinges groaned in protest, and a gloomy scene unfolded before him. The room, shrouded in darkness, lacked any signs of life except for a solitary figure bound to the wall, illuminated by a feeble beam of light that seeped through a narrow window obstructed by iron bars.

Felix, carrying a lantern, confidently walked towards the man's cell. The dim light from the lantern cast eerie shadows on the cold, damp walls, creating an unsettling atmosphere. With a gloating grin on his face, Felix relished his victory as he approached the man.