👑 Chapter Seventeen 👑

Sebastian, the epitome of discretion and devotion, knew that the letter in his possession was of the utmost confidentiality. With caution and prudence, he refrained from presenting it to the king amidst prying eyes and inquisitive ears. Instead, he astutely chose the post-dinner hours, when the king retreated to his secluded study.

Sebastian approached the king's private study, a room adorned with opulent furnishings and rich décor. He knocked gently on the door, announcing his presence.

"Come in," called the king's commanding voice from within.

Sebastian bowed respectfully as he stepped into the study, his gaze drawn to the handsome young king seated behind his grand mahogany desk. The king's piercing hazel-green eyes, framed by golden-brown hair and a sparse beard and moustache, exuded intelligence and authority.

Although the king, Alexander, may have appeared cold, he genuinely cared for the well-being of the kingdom and its people. He was known for being emotionally distant and unpredictable, but he also possessed all the qualities of a good ruler. He was intelligent, decisive, and strategic.

Sebastian approached the king, holding the creased letter carefully. "Your Majesty, I apologise for the intrusion, but I believe you should see this immediately."

The king regarded Sebastian with a mixture of curiosity and impatience. "What is it, Sebastian? It must be of great importance for you to come to this late hour without postponing it tomorrow.

Sebastian, ever the composed and loyal butler, handed the letter to the king, who accepted it with a raised eyebrow. The king began to read the content, his eyes scanning the words with calculated intensity.

The king's eyes scanned the letter, and his face hardened in surprise. He frowned slightly, and his grip on the paper tightened, crumpling it slightly. It was a rare display of emotion from the usually stoic monarch, who was known for his calm and collected demeanour.

The king finished reading, and for a few moments, there was a profound silence in the room. The weight of the revelation hung in the air, and the king's thoughts were inscrutable.

Finally, he looked up at Sebastian, revealing a clenched jaw, narrowed eyes, and a hint of resolve. "Sebastian, from where did you get this?"

"Your Majesty, I found the letter in Lord Henrik's study... To be more specific, the maids found it and handed it to me as they were cleaning, but they did not read it at all ", said Sebastian.

The king leaned back in his ornate chair, his mind undoubtedly racing with thoughts and plans. "Prepare a message for Annie to meet me... And...tell Lionel to bring her to me tomorrow evening."

As Sebastian left the king's study, the room was filled with an air of suspense. Alexander, the enigmatic and powerful ruler, positioned himself by the fireplace, his mind engulfed in a chaotic whirlwind.

In the tranquil solitude of his study, he found himself lost in contemplation, weighing the words penned by Edward in his will. This written confession held secrets that had been buried deep for years-secrets that had been meticulously concealed.

With his hazel-green eyes fixed intently on the crackling fire, he began to craft a strategy. He needed a plan that would allow him to navigate through this delicate situation without disrupting the harmony and stability of the kingdom he had ruled with an unwavering grip.

Just as the king was lost in thought, a knock at the door interrupted his reverie.

"Enter," he called, his voice once again filled with the authority and decisiveness for which he was known.

With Alexander's eyes fixed on the door, Felix cracked it open and entered. His turquoise eyes, filled with determination and curiosity, met the king's gaze. Felix was resolute in his quest to uncover the truth about Annie's mysterious circumstances.