👑 Chapter Twelve 👑

Flora guided Annie towards the rear of the palace, where a delightful pavilion was located amid a picturesque garden. A lavishly decorated tea set was displayed on the kiosk's meticulously arranged table.

With great enthusiasm, Flora was eager to impart every single detail about tea-time etiquette, beginning with the correct way to curtsey and sit at the table and extending to the proper technique for sipping tea and utilising the tea set. Her dedication to ensuring that every aspect of the experience was properly understood was apparent in her meticulous instruction and thorough explanation of each step.

"The afternoon tea is referred to as 'high tea' because it sounds fancy to the upper class. As a result, it is also important to be mindful of your behaviour and attire. In addition, the king does not receive service from maids or servants; he prefers to drink his tea alone. Consequently, it is necessary to know how to properly pour your tea", Flora said, while Annie nodded silently.

Flora poured the tea at once and said, "You see, it is like this gently". She added," When you add sugar, don't throw it in like a rock into a lake, plus stir up and down, not in circles making a miss; however, your hand movements should be soft as a feather... Don't drink from your teaspoon. Take small sips quietly; avoid making that unpleasant sound."

Annie slurped Flora replayed, "Yes, that is it." The explanation had captivated her attention to such an extent that she didn't realise Annie had already finished her cup until it was too late.

" Miss!, this is unbelievable !"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the tea aroma, it is so delicious !"

"You have just interrupted the important point of how to hold the cup, right!"

⟪I can not take it anymore... This is too much to handle, Why the hell does the high class put unnecessary rules on sitting, eating, sleeping, and drinking too? Where is the part about enjoying the tea in peace? ... I released a sigh of annoyance and continued focusing on what she was saying although it sounded meaningless to me...Here we are now, moving to the part of putting the pinkie finger down ⟫

They spent so much time together that Annie believed it would last forever until a royal carriage came to take her. On her way, she reminded herself of the rules to avoid making any mistake she would regret later.

Sebastian, the butler, greeted her and escorted her through the grand entrance, guiding her down the ornate hallway towards her destination. The elegant surroundings, with opulent furnishings and priceless artworks adorning the walls. As they walked, Sebastian regaled her with tales of the estate's history and the many distinguished monarchs who had graced its halls over the years. Finally, they arrived at their destination. Sebastian bid her farewell with a gracious bow and a warm smile, leaving her in front of a big door.

Annie cautiously grasped the handle, her hands trembling slightly, and proceeded to gently push the door ajar. As she stepped inside, she was greeted by a mesmerising sight-a whole new world, bathed in vibrant shades of green. The air that welcomed her was invigorating, carrying with it the sweet scent of herbs. Brilliant beams of sunlight filtered through the transparent walls of the structure, casting a warm glow on every plant and flower. The architecture of the building boasted a magnificently high domed roof that seemed to touch the heavens.

⟪No word could aptly capture the profound sight that unfolded before my eyes; the air was permeated with the essence of rosemary, mint, basil, and a myriad of opulent fragrances, their origins eluding my perception.⟫

With grace and elegance, the king, Alexander, reclined against a pristine, ivory-hued garden chair, gracefully crossing his legs towards a lavishly adorned tea table. The warm rays of sunlight cast a gentle glow upon his half-face, giving him a majestic countenance.