the calm before the storm

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
(the calm before the storm)

AFTER THE STORM BY
kali uchis and tyler the creator
"I know times are rough, but winners don't quit so don't give up. The sun will come out."

*mentions of anxiety disorder"
__________________________________

        A month had gone by in a blink of eye for the couple. Jack finished hockey and the movie premiere was very soon. Summer was just a few weeks away. Still unsure what there plans would be the couple, ivy, and ty we're headed to la for a few days. Estella's big movie premiere was tomorrow. Ivy was attending as Estella's best friend bringing ty and of course jack. It was nearly 5 am and they were all done boarding ready to take off to la. All of them were separated besides jack and stella. Jack put his head on his girlfriends shoulder for comfort.

"what am i a pillow?" she asks

"seems to be for now"

"your lucky i love you" She adds.

The plan takes off. Jack spent the flight asleep on her shoulder as estella did the opposite. She was quite nervous about her premiere. What if people didn't like it? what if they thought she was a bad actress? what if she only got the role because of her parents. The list could go on and on. However estella needed to stop it wasn't helping her.

She had grown up with anxiety. She never really thought anything of until she was about eight. Since then it progressed and she was diagnosed with a severe generalized anxiety disorder. Estella learned how to keep things under control but she had her moments. Once she turned 11 her parents and her decided to have her be put on lexapro to help. It helped but there was of course still anxiety there as well as sometimes social anxiety.

To snap her out her thoughts the flight attendant came on the overhead letting the flight know they would be landing very soon. Jack eventually stirred awake giving his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek. A smiled made its way on to her face. Soon tehy all got off the flight and grabbed there luggage. Once the four got outside they waited for the driver to pick them up. They would all be staying at estella's parents house in Malibu with her family. Jack and estella would be in her room, as for ivy and ty they would be in the guest room.

"are you excited to see you mom stel?" jack asked

"sure am"

"gosh i love your mom she's so cool" ivy added

"bro i can't believe i'm about to meet ryan freaking renyolds. Your dad's hilarious estella"

"hahah i know he's always cracking jokes"

__________________________________

Soon enough the car pulled up and they got in. The drive was about 40 minutes to there home. Since the premiere was in los Angeles Stella was going to have leave early tomorrow. The drive went by fairly fast. They all grabbed there suitcases heading to stella's old home. Estella grabbed her key she still had remaining to open her front door. The smell of the candle "lemonchello" as she walked in. Blake always had that candle burning. The first family member they saw was ellie. Ellie came running towards jack giving him a huge hug. Then running it came Charlie the family's golden retriever. Last time estella didn't get to see him much because he had to get surgery for eating a sock.