Chapter 3

(Y/n) walked out from the alleyway, her hair slicked back and tattoos covering her features. Her thumb swipped away some blood on her cheek, looking slightly annoyed. "How boring..." Sukuna grumbled, not pleased that the demon died so quickly. The sound of police sirens caught his attention, watching as they headed in the same direction Denji and Power were located.

"You can switch back, I'm done here," Sukuna said out loud. Instantly his eyes closed as his body, which he was controlling, slumped forward as (Y/n) took back control. "Done already? You only killed 3 devels" she mused as she started walking toward where Denji and Power were. 'We don't want to be labeled as liabilities or incompetent. That new teacher of yours should be happy enough with 3 devils dead' Sukuna scoffed.

(Y/n) let out a sigh before finally arriving at the bloody scene, that Power had created. "Ah, (Y/n), glad you could join us. Where had you run off to?" Makima asked curiously. "I figured Denji and Power were taking care of this devil, so I took care of 3 other devils down the street" (Y/n) chirped as she bounced over to the trio. "What?! How'd you find 3 devils, when we could hardly find 1!" Denji exclaimed in disbelief.

'It's called being useful, something you're clearly not' Sukuna answered, but was only heard by (Y/n). "It's a secret!" She said with a large smile. "You did a good job (Y/n), but please stick close to Denji and Power next time" Makima reprimanded lightly. "Huh? Why does she get told she did a good job? I did a good job too!" Power complained as she pointed at (Y/n) accusingly.

"Now, now, keep it down, Power. I'm only focused on you three working together. Please keep that in mind when going on patrol" Makima lectured. "I-! Yes... Ma'am..." Power mumbled as she nervously looked down. "On it! No more wandering off!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she saluted her teacher. Denji looked confused by Power's quick obedience but said nothing as they were sent off to patrol some more.

As the day quickly turned into night, they stopped by a rest stop, where there were a bunch of vending machines. (Y/n) held a can in her hand, aiming it sideways, as she leaned against the wall. Very distinctly, one can hear drinking from her hand, as Sukuna slurped down the drink. "Slurping down drinks is another dream come true for me. If we screw up again, like we did today, being thirsty drops at the bottom of my list of problems" Denji mumbled out loud.

'We? More like you, I did our job perfectly' Sukuna snarked, having just finished his drink. "You know... I'm starting to miss Kugisaki and Fushiguro" (Y/n) mumbled as she pouted. Her ears twitched as she could distinctly hear her two teammates talk about their woes. "Those two... They're going to get us killed" she grumbled as she let out a sigh. "Grr... That fucking devil! What a tool! Snatching innocent cats! Well, that ain't happening on my watch!!" Denji exclaimed loudly.

"What is he even talking about?" (Y/n) asked with dotted eyes. 'How should I know? I wasn't listening to half of what he said' Sukuna responded, sounding a bit annoyed. (Y/n) grumbled as she tossed her can into the trashcan and headed off without a word, deciding to head back to her dorms for the night.

~~~

"I found something, the other day, about this group," Sukuna said as (Y/n) prepared dinner. "Really? Is it interesting?" She asked curiously. "Of course it is, I wouldn't be telling you if it wasn't" Sukuna spat, sounding offended. "Hey! No need to get all pissed off, I was just wondering! Now, are you going to tell me, or not?" She asked as she glared at the mouth on her hand.

"Tch. Turns out everyone here has a pact with a devil or is a devil. Take that asshole with the bun, he made a pact with a fox devil" Sukuna informed, earning a hum of acknowledgment from (Y/n). "Be careful around that pervert and your new teacher. I don't want you interacting with them more than necessary" Sukuna ordered earning another confused look from his host.