Chapter 5

"No way! Really?! Bahahaha!" Nobara cackled as she smacked her hand on the table. "Honestly, I can kind of see them making that mistake" Megumi commented as he eyed (Y/n). "Is it really all that funny? I don't think calling someone weak is very nice. Also, why are you looking at me like that?!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she pointed at herself.

(Y/n) had invited Nobara and Megumi to her new dorm room. They sat in the living room, as (Y/n) retold the events that transpired, from the day she arrived, to now. As a result, this had Nobara in hysterics, while Megumi stayed aloof, as always. And Sukuna watched from (Y/n)'s cheek, eyeing them like a hawk.

"You're such a dumbass" Megumi mumbled as he glanced away from her. "Wait, wait, did you at least get a video, or a picture, of their faces when you went all demon mode?" Nobara asked as she whipped a stray tear from her eye. "Do not refer to me as 'demon mode' woman!' Sukuna spat as he glared at her from (Y/n)'s cheek.

"Well, no, not really, I was kind of unconscious" (Y/n) answered, ignoring Sukuna's comment. "I'm surprised you didn't die a second time. With you and your lack of brain cells, and Gojo's influence, you shouldn't be alive at all" Megumi commented, earning a look of betrayal from (Y/n). "HEY! I might be stupid! But I'm not THAT stupid!" (Y/n) barked as she pointed at him accusingly.

"You are THAT stupid" Sukuna grumbled, with a look of annoyance, earning hums of agreement from Megumi and Nobara. "You guys are so mean!!" (Y/n) complained as she slouched and pouted. "Says the one who thought Hayakawa was similar to Megumi!" Nobara cackled as she pointed at their friend. "I hate stuck-up guys like those" Megumi grumbled as he glared down at the table.

"Look, he was like Megumi in the beginning, but then he did a whole 180! He's a total dick!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she waved her arms around. "I still say we kill him" Sukuna offered with a lazy look, earning a look of disapproval from his vessel. "If you hate it so much here, why don't you go back to Jujutsu Tech?" Nobara asked curiously.

"Because... Gojo-Sensei said that the higher-ups won't kill me if I show that I can get along with their competition. Plus, this way, I start off fresh, and no one is coming after my head" (Y/n) explained as she looked up at the ceiling. "That's true... But, I heard, they'll be searching for some Special Grade items" Megumi informed, gaining their attention.

"Let me guess, they're going to send us on this mission, with no way of defeating it. Damn!! I can't catch a break!" (Y/n) complained as she tossed her hands in the air. "Huh? But I thought they didn't know about Sukuna. Why would they set up the same trap?" Nobara asked, earning a shrug from (Y/n).

"It's not a trap" Sukuna spoke up, having figured it out. "At least, not for us" he clarified, earning confused looks from the group. "Not for you? Who else...? The Denji guy?" Megumi assumed, slowly piecing together what Sukuna meant. "Eh? Why would they target Denji? Is he important or something?" (Y/n) asked, earning a groan of annoyance from Sukuna.

"You really are THAT stupid" Sukuna grumbled earning a loud gasp from (Y/n). "Hey! I thought we were over this! How am I supposed to know why Denji is being targeted?!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she tried glaring at Sukuna. "You know... I find it odd that we're all so chummy with the King of Curses" Nobara commented, ignoring their argument.

"Don't get used to it" Megumi warned her, as he watched (Y/n) bicker to the mouth on her cheek. A loud knock on (Y/n)'s door interrupted them, gaining all of their attention. "Huh? Who's at the door?" Nobara asked curiously. "Oh! The pizza is here!" (Y/n) cheered as she jumped up and pranced over to the door.

"You bought pizza? Couldn't you have gotten us something more appealing?" Megumi complained as he deadpanned at the door. "Don't complain when you know your ass is going to eat it" Nobara scolded him. "Heyo~! I brought pizza!" Satoru sang as he entered the living room. "Gojo-Sensei?!" Nobara and Megumi exclaimed in shock, while (Y/n) entered after Satoru with a large smile.

"Look guys! Gojo-Sensei is here! Now we can really get the party started!!" (Y/n) said happily, which was not recuperated by her friends. "Great...." Megumi and Nobara mumbled lousily, earning a pout from their teacher. "Oh, don't be like that! I know you all love me" Satoru said as he plopped down on a chair and placed the Pizza box on the table. "I'll get the plates and drinks!" (Y/n) chirped as she scrambled off to the kitchen.

~~~

(Y/n) stared down at the stack of papers with a strand smile. Just yesterday, she was joking and having fun with her friends and ex-teacher. Now, here she is, signing papers thanks to Sukuna killing the Bat Devil. "I'm sorry... I really didn't want to do this to you. But, this is mandatory" Makima apologized as she took notice of (Y/n)'s expression.

"It's fine, Makima-Sensei" (Y/n) reassured, despite internally cursing the curse that stuck her with this outcome. "I don't regret it" Sukuna cackled in her mind. "Damn curse..." (Y/n) grumbled lowly as she frowned at the papers, stamping them with a bit of aggression. "You know... Aki told me you have a devil under your control. It makes more sense now, why you talk to yourself" Makima noted out loud.

"Is that not normal? To talk to the devil you're contracted to?" (Y/n) asked curiously. "Normally, a contractee does not talk to the contractor, unless they are making a contract. Unless you're like Denji, of course, but you know how that ended up" Makima said casually. "Right..." (Y/n) muttered bitterly, turning away from her new teacher.

"You know..." Makima whispered as she got close to (Y/n)'s ear. "I know your little secret. Why you were sent to me, by the higher-ups" she said with a small grin. (Y/n) whipped her head back to Makima, looking at her with wide eyes. "I'll make you a deal. If you track down the Gun Devil and kill it, I'll personally put a stop to your vessel's execution. So, what do you say..."

"Ryomen Sukuna?"