Chapter 14

(Y/n) let out a sigh as she stared at the pond, watching a mother duck swimming with her ducklings. She then goes to munch on her rice ball, only to realize it was missing. In its place was a grinning mouth, set in the middle of her palm, where he can annoy her. "You can't ignore me forever~" Sukuna cooed, only to get smothered into a pocket, as she hid her hand.

Of course, that tactic would not work, much to her annoyance. The group watched as she hit her face, right when a mouth appeared on her cheek. She then hit her forehead, interrupting the mouth, before he could even speak. The devil hunters sweatdropped, as they watched the mouth appear and vanish in various spots.

"Quit-" SMACK. "I swear-" SMACK. "BRAT!" SMACK!

"That's enough! Hitting yourself is not appropriate!" Kuksakabe exclaimed as he grabbed her hand, holding it away from her. "I think the bastard deserves it," Denji said as he munched on his rice ball. "You could bruise yourself and anger your contractee" Tamaoki commented uncaringly. "Tch, whatever" (Y/n) scoffed, still in an uptight mood to be all happy-go-lucky.

"Glad we have an under-OW!" Kusakabe screamed in shock as he instantly yanked his hand away. Looking down at his hand, he noted the deep bite mark, as blood leaked out from the wound. A deep chuckle switched his attention to the mouth on (Y/n)'s hand, blood covering the teeth. Instantly, dread pulled his stomach and hurridly whipped out a clean cloth and antibiotics.

"How pathetic, and here I thought you were an expert in security" Sukuna mocked, before getting smothered by a rag. "For once, be quiet," Aki said as he shoved the rag into (Y/n)'s hand. He wasn't too happy with Sukuna either, so taking advantage to bully Sukuna made him slightly happy, he would never admit that though.

"I wouldn't have done that, if I were you" Angel scolded with a dull look. Angel wasn't stupid, he knows Sukuna's capabilities, hence why he prefers to stay 10 feet away from (Y/n). Any devil in their right mind wouldn't take the chance to piss off someone like Sukuna unless they're as clueless as Denji. "It's fine, he can't do anything right now anyways" (Y/n) reassured as she handed Aki his rag back.

They continue throughout their day, nothing really exciting happened, aside from Sukuna continuing to piss (Y/n) off. This went on until 11 when they finally got a break. "Brat, this is important" Sukuna spoke up, now that they were finally in their dorm room. "Leave me alone" (Y/n) grumbled as she absentmindedly got dressed for bed.

"Fine, then don't come running to me when you get hurt" Sukuna growled, before falling silent. (Y/n) let out a sigh as she got settled into bed, laying on her side. "What is it?" She asked as she propped her head onto her hand. It was silent for a moment before Sukuna decided to speak again. "Those humans, they're not there to protect you. You are their meat shield" he informed in a serious tone.

"That's it? Geez and here I thought you'd tell me something I didn't know" (Y/n) complained as she flopped onto her back. "I know, but it got you to stop ignoring me" Sukuna noted with a slight chuckle. (Y/n) glared at the ceiling, realizing she fell for his stupid trick. "Whatever" she grumbled as she flipped over, onto her stomach, covering herself, from head to toe, in her blanket. As if it would protect her from the embarrassment and from Sukuna's amused chuckles.

The next morning, they were back patrolling, but this time, they are going to meet up with more devil hunters. As they approached the car, three people shuffled out. Kobeni, Galgali, and Yutaro. (Y/n) never meet Yutaro before, so she and Sukuna didn't notice the change. Even if Sukuna did, he wasn't too worried, as the pact is still set in place to keep (Y/n) safe.

Aki walked up to Yutaro and started to converse with him, (Y/n) wasn't too keen on listening in. Instead, she focused on Power and Kobeni heading off toward the car. "Ahem... You must be the chainsaw, right?" 'Yotaro' asked as he held out his hand to (Y/n). "Hm? No, that would be him, I'm just his teammate" (Y/n) corrected as she gestured over to Denji.