Chapter 7

"Give me 500 bucks" (Y/n) demanded as she held out her hand. "No way! I'm in jail, so stealing from me should be prohibited!" Sukuna exclaimed as he glared at her. "Quit being a sore loser and cough up the money" (Y/n) demanded as she waved her hand up and down. "Damn brat... Fine! I bankrupt" Sukuna huffed as he tossed the fake money at her.

For hours now, (Y/n) had been chilling in Sukuna's innate domain, aka his mindscape. Thankfully there are comfortable beds to lay on, as her body rests up. From an outsider's perspective, she looked like she was sleeping, when in actuality she was just passing time. Of course, if something actually happened, Sukuna would know and send her out of his mindscape instantly.

This also includes anyone trying to wake her, devils that might head their way, potential threats that no one can sense, and perverts who might try and take advantage of her. If worse comes to worst, aka if everyone dies, he will take over and get his vessel out of there. So far, nothing significant has happened yet.

"So, are they still looking for ways out of here?" (Y/n) asked as she cleaned up the game. "No, they stopped after an hour, they're resting in the room next to us," Sukuna said as he propped his head on his hand. "Do you want to play slapjack?" (Y/n) asked as she pulled out a deck of cards. "No, why don't we play Shoji?" He suggested as he gestured over to the board game.

"Fine, fine, hey, do you think... The devil I killed was the one who trapped us here?" (Y/n) asked as she started setting up the game. "That lousy thing? No, the devil we're after trapped us here. It's hiding in the walls, but it could also be the walls" Sukuna explained as he watched her. "Then it must be pretty powerful, huh? Is it as powerful as you?" (Y/n) asked as she gestured to him, allowing him to start the game.

"Currently, with how I am now, it's a hard estimate. But, once I regained my power, it has no chance" Sukuna said confidently as he moved a Shoji piece. "Speaking of, we haven't run into your fingers lately. You're only at 5 fingers, you'd think we'd run into more" (Y/n) commented as she moved a Shoji piece. "Actually, I've been meaning to tell you. This Devil does have my finger. Along with the bullet piece" Sukuna informed with a serious look.

"Shit... It's really that bad? Getting out of here will be a pain in the ass" (Y/n) complained as she leaned backward. "I say we eat the annoying girl, first. Make her scream a little as we rip other guts" Sukuna said with a psychotic grin. "What do you mean by 'we'? I'm not eating someone, I rather starve" (Y/n) scoffed as she sat back up to look at him.

Sukuna perked up suddenly and looked to the side as if something caught his attention. "What? What is it? What are you looking at?" (Y/n) asked as she looked to where he was looking, only seeing Sukuna's creepy mindscape. "I smelled smoke and figured the hotel caught fire. At this rate, a fire would've been more amusing than sitting around" Sukuna grumbled as he finally moved a Shoji piece.

"Well? Where was the smoke coming from? Don't leave me hanging!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she leaned forward. "It's not all that enlightening. The eye-patched freak was smoking in the room" Sukuna explained blandly. "That's it? Wow..." (Y/n) mumbled as she slumped, before moving her Shoji piece and taking out one of his pieces. "Heads up, I'm sending you back" Sukuna warned, earning a confused "Huh?" from his vessel before he forced her out.

~~~

(Y/n) awoke on the bed with a gasp, gaining the attention of some of the hunters. "You're finally awake, welcome back" Himeno greeted with a small wave. "You slept for a while, any good dreams?" Denji asked curiously. "Nah, where's Hayakawa?" (Y/n) asked curiously, as she looked around. She would've asked where Arai and Higashiyama were, but she saw them bundled up in the other room.