Chapter 18

Sukuna, in full form, lazily sprawled out on the large couch that accommodated his large size, watched Denji killing devils on the television. Next to him sat a small cage with a small hermit crab inside it. Switching the channel, he was met with another video of Denji. "See that thing? Don't end up like that," Sukuna said as he glanced at the crab.

The crab stared back at him blankly, unintentionally fueling Sukuna's annoyance. "Tch, annoying asshole," Sukuna grumbled as he switched the channel again. It was hard to tell if he was calling Denji annoying or the crab annoying, as he flipped through the TV channels. One even landed on a school that was destroyed by a massive devil, its creepy head taking up the whole wall like a titan from Attack on Titan.

Annoyed, Sukuna carelessly tossed the remote behind him. "Ow! Watch it!" (Y/n) complained from behind him, effectively getting his attention. Casually, he glanced behind him, watching as his vessel rubbed her head. "Then don't be behind me, brat," Sukuna remarked, smirking slightly, not at all sorry for accidentally hurting her. Besides, what would a little remote do to her? He didn't toss it that hard.

"Geez, what crawled up your ass and died?" (Y/n) grumbled as she glared at him. "Nothing of importance," Sukuna dismissed, using his large size to block her vision of the television. She doesn't need to know her old teammate is still fighting devils without her. Knowing her, she'd feel obliged to help Denji, the thought alone annoyed Sukuna.

"Sure, the sound of screaming and bloodshed is totally not important," (Y/n) retorted sarcastically. She didn't have time to deal with him, or she'd be late for school. "I'm heading out, don't kill anyone while I'm gone," (Y/n) said as she swung her backpack onto her back and carelessly waved her hand at him. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," Sukuna dismissed, waving back at her as he watched her leave.

He stayed put as he watched her through the window, eyeing her as she boarded the bus. Good, now he can follow her without her knowing. As Sukuna got up a knock at the door briefly stopped him, confused, he opened the door. "Suk-" Gojo didn't get to finish as the door slammed in his face.

"Wait! It's important!" Gojo said as he quickly ran to the nearest window. In response, the window blind blocked his vision as Sukuna attempted to evade him. "It's about (Y/n)! It's important!" Gojo yelled, trying to peek through the blinds. Immediately, the blinds were lifted and a large hand gripped his neck. "Speak. Now." Sukuna demanded as he peered down at the sorcerer through the window.

With (Y/n), she hummed lowly to herself to a song that got stuck in her head. The swaying of the bus rocking her back and forth. She hasn't been in school long so she doesn't have many friends yet, but she's sure she'll make friends soon. When the bus finally came to a halt, she made her way off the bus. Only to finally realize the school she was supposed to go to is completely destroyed.

"What the hell?" (Y/n) questioned in confusion, trying to piece together what happened. Her eyes then traveled to the large, very familiar, curse. "Sukuna?! What the hell are you doing at my school?" (Y/n) asked in disbelief. Instantly, the curse whipped around, she was surprised he didn't get whiplashed from how fast he turned. "Idiot! Don't fucking scare me!" Sukuna exclaimed as he walked up to her and smacked her head.

"Ow! Dude! What the hell?!" (Y/n) cried as she gripped her head. "This is why you shouldn't be going to school!" Sukuna lectured, hiding his relief with anger. He had thought she had died in the atrocious school and he wasn't there in time to save her! "Well, would you look at that? We got here right on time!" Gojo chimed in casually, smiling giddily. This instantly earned him a glare from Sukuna, clearly unamused.

"Gojo-Sensei's here too?! Why did my school blow up?! Wait- There are people inside! We should go save them!" (Y/n) said in realization. "If you think I'm allowing you into that fucking school, you're clearly delusional!" Sukuna stated firmly as he roughly held his vessel in her spot. At times like these, he wished his vessel didn't have the sense of urgency to save everyone. Can't she see that her life mattered more than a couple of nobodies?