Chapter 12

Going on patrol was not something (Y/n) looked forward to, especially when it meant she has to do extra work in order to get back the money Sukuna used up. She recklessly balanced on the fence as she strolled along the rooftop of a building, peering down at the humans below. "They're so small and insignificant, like ants" Sukuna sneered as he peered at the humans as well.

"You say that about everyone who's below you. Can't you at least help me find a devil to exercise?" (Y/n) grumbled with a frown. "Nope, you've been relying on me too much, do your own job, sorcerer" Sukuna retorted mockingly. "You're just saying that to be lazy!" (Y/n) growled as she glared at nothing.

"I should be charging your ass for using my body, rent-free" she grumbled. "Stop acting like a baby" Sukuna mocked with a roll of his eyes. Before she could retort, a sudden downpour of water smashed her in the face, drenching her in water. "God fcking damn it" (Y/n) grumbled with a pout. Sukuna snickered at her misery, earning a not-so-pleased expression from his host.

With a few grumbles she headed off for cover, thankfully there was a small overhang, large enough for her to huddle under. She was too busy ringing out the water from her hair to notice the rushed footsteps heading her way. "Ha... Ha... Hey there, wow the rain sure is something" a woman said next to her, instantly gaining her attention.

Instantly, (Y/n)'s hair stood on end as she stared down at the soaked female. "Careful, she's not human" Sukuna warned her in a serious tone. "R-Right" (Y/n) answered nervously as she glanced to the side, seemingly answering the woman's question. "Hm? Pfth- Hahaha!!" The woman started laughing all of a sudden, startling (Y/n) a bit.

Scooting away, (Y/n) held her fists up, ready to throw hands if necessary. "Sorry, sorry, I just couldn't help myself! Let me properly introduce myself, hello! I'm Reze. It's nice to finally meet you, the vessel of Ryomen Sukuna" Reze greeted with a small smile and a prominent blush on her face. "Shit! Shit! Code red! She knows who we are!" (Y/n) internally panicked.

"Well, if she didn't know now, now she does! Your ugly mug just gave you away, stupid" Sukuna scolded her. "I'm going to punch you for calling me ugly, Grandpa" (Y/n) promised, as she gave a soulful look. "You're talking to him, right? Do you mind telling him to come out? I just want to chat" Reze asked sweetly as she approached the female.

"Back off, bitch!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she punched Reze in the stomach, sending her flying backward. The thing is, (Y/n) slightly forgot they were on a rooftop, thus Reze tumbled off of the roof with a splat. Dread was the first emotion that (Y/n) felt, realizing she had just killed someone. Until it flipped to relief as she remembered that Reze wasn't human, so all is alright.

"GAH!" (Y/n) screeched in shock as Reze casually jumped back up onto the roof, covered in dirt and blood. "You know, it's not nice to kick a woman when she's trying to kindly converse" Reze grumbled as she whipped away the blood. "Yeah, and I'd care if you were actually a woman! I'm not afraid to kick you off the roof again!" (Y/n) warned as she held her fists up.

"I see... So my innocent tactic won't work on you. Then, let me tell you this again" Reze said as she threateningly looped her finger around a metal loop on her neck. "I want to speak to Sukuna, and you will do as I say, or I kill you" she promised with an emotionless stare. Suddenly, (Y/n) felt woozy as her body swayed a little, her consciousness unwillingly going under temporarily.

When she looked up again, four reg eyes were glaring into Reze's soul. "Pull that trigger and I'll kill you, painfully slow" Sukuna promised, his bloodlust rising. How dare this insignificant devil attempt to threaten his vessel? His little sister?! His claws itch to rip off this devil's head, right here and now.