Chapter 13

(Y/n) took the initiative to ignore Sukuna, still pissed with what he did a few days ago. Although she isn't hurt physically, she couldn't say the same for the hundreds of people caught in the attack. Currently, she stood in front of Makima, with her teammates next to her. "Huh? (Y/n), you have an extra eyeball on your face" Denji said as he pointed at her face.

Said eye stared at Denji with a threatening glare, as (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Ignore it" she bluntly said, earning a look from the eye. She wasn't surprised Denji was so calm about seeing Sukuna again, unlike Aki and Power, who actively avoid acknowledging him. "Why are we here, Makima?" Aki asked, getting the conversation back on track.

"Well, I've been working too hard, so I decided to go to Enoshima. Would you all like to come along?" Makima asked, perking up the group. "HELL YEAH!" Denji screamed in excitement, already imagining all the scenarios that could happen. "Is that smart? Especially after the initial attack?" (Y/n) asked with a pointed look.

"It's fine, we have enough staff to take care of the place" Makima reassured her. "Hayakawa, I'm going to match the date to your schedule, so let me know when you're on break," she said as she turned to Aki. "I don't use my leave time, so whenever is fine," Aki said blandly. The eye on (Y/n)'s cheek crinkled in disgust, noting how Aki and Denji fawned over Makima, like flies.

"Hear that? We get to go on vacation together" Denji said as he attempted to swing his arm over her shoulder. But was quickly stopped as her hand smacked him in the face. "Ow!" Denji cried as he held his bleeding face, as a dark chuckle mused at his misery. Looking up, he sees a mouth under that extra eye, and the markings that slowly faded from (Y/n)'s arm.

"Oh you dick" Denji grumbled as he glared at the eye, but before a fight could break out, a group of Devil Hunters shuffled in. Immediately, one of the men headed over to Makima, most likely to tell her the reason for barging in. "What's this?" Power asked, looking confused. "Something bad" Makima answered, as she guided them toward a television.

Turning it on, they were immediately greeted with a video of Denji in his chainsaw form, fighting a devil. It's exactly what the Bomb Devil had planned. (Y/n) watched with tentative eyes as the video replayed Sukuna destroying the city in his newly acquired body. But, unlike devils, curses cannot be seen on screen, so no one can see the markings that would've littered the temporary vessel's body.

"Normally, the Bureau regulates the media and covers our tracks. But, the damage was too great, they weren't able to censer it this time" Makima informed, seemingly unpleased. "Looks like I'm famous," Denji said with a smile, turning around to look at Makima. Based on Denji's reaction, (Y/n) can tell that this was not a good thing, (Y/n) balled her hand into a fist as she glared at the television.

"Denji, you shouldn't be excited about this. Now that you're famous, you're a target" (Y/n) informed with a deep frown on her face. "She's right, a non-hostile devil like you is highly sought after" Makima confirmed, but it did not look like Denji was paying attention. "So... Is Enoshima an island?" Denji asked cluelessly, still focused on the vacation.

"Actually, my summer house is in Enoshima!" Power informed happily. "Idiots, the vacation was an act" Sukuna interrupted, finally deciding to add in his input. Confused, Denji turned to (Y/n) and looked at the extra mouth and eye on her cheek. "No way! That can't be right! Makima wouldn't do that!" Denji protested as he pointed at Sukuna.

"Maybe if you kept your dick in your pants, you wouldn't be such a floozy" Sukuna retorted, only to get smacked away. (Y/n) growled as she kept her hand to her cheek, in chase Sukuna decided to pop up again. "Is it really an act?" Power asked with a hopeful look. "Yes, it was an act, now that Denji is on the news, assassins from all over the world will be after him. Think of it as having no freedom for a long while" Makima said as she walked away.

The group of devil hunters followed after her, leaving Denji alone with Power and (Y/n). Not like either of the two is bound to the room like Denji is. But (Y/n) decided that staying put for a while would do her some good, especially if it means Sukuna can't take control. Since she's with Denji, Sukuna wouldn't try taking her into his innate domain to talk, he doesn't trust the pervert around her unconscious body.

"It's all your damn fault! Because of you, I am not allowed to go on a trip with Makima!" Denji exclaimed as he glared at (Y/n). No, he wasn't glaring at her specifically, more so at the person who occupies her mind 24/7. "That's my problem, how?" Sukuna said as his mouth appeared on the back of (Y/n)'s hand, which was still placed on her cheek.

"Take some credit! They think the Bomb devil was the cause! I bet if I told them it was you, you'd get busted!" Denji exclaimed confidently. "Oh? Blackmailing me now? But, you don't have any evidence" Sukuna mocked with a cocky smirk. "There! Right there! That's all the evidence I need!" Denji exclaimed as he pointed at the television, with the Bomb devil attacking Denji.

"Hmm... All I see is some devil destroying a town, I don't see where I am" Sukuna cooed with a large grin. "Quit pissing him off, what's done is done" (Y/n) interrupted, getting irritated. "This is so boring... I'm leaving!" Power said as she stood up abruptly. "Wha- Hey! No fair!" Denji complained as he watched Power walk out of the room, as Sukuna started cackling.

"Quit laughing you bastard! Come out and fight me like a man!" Denji exclaimed as he jumped to his feet, with his hand prepared to pull his cord. "Alright~" Sukuna cooed as tattoos appeared on (Y/n)'s arm, involuntarily, her hand flicked upward before the tattoos vanished again. "Heh?" Denji mumbled confused, as nothing seemed to happen for a moment before he felt his vision tilting. With a splat, his body fell to the floor and his head rolled away.

~~~

Once again, Sarou was standing in front of Makima, after all, the news was all over the media. "We meet once again, Gojo" Makima greeted casually. "I heard about the news, seems your team got into a pickle," Satoru said with a smirk. "It's nothing we cannot handle" Makima reassured, unbothered by the hostility he radiated.

"I was told you were going to try and get your pawn back," Makima said as she tilted her head. "She is not a pawn and my success will be soon. If you have not noticed, you and your team cannot handle my student and her 'devil' like I can. The moment you slip up and get killed, I'll step in and take her back" Satoru promised with a stern look.

"Yet, I also noticed you and your team have not done a thing to help the public eliminate the devils" Makima retorted with a small smile. "Unlike you, we work in the shadows and actually keep the damage under control" Satoru snapped with a cocky smile. "But, I advised my students and her brothers to no longer interfere, after all, her upbringing will be your downfall" he informed with a playful wag of his finger.

"We do not need your and your community's help," Makima said confidently. "Really now? Well then, I'll be on my way and stand to the side!" Satoru mocked as he raised his hands in surrender. "But, do not come crawling to me when you and your group die from your lack of capabilities," he said as he walked off with a smirk.

After all, he still has one more tactic up his sleeve, once Makima eventually dies. He will use his money, power, and his name to convince the devil hunters to sell the compound to him. If that does not work, he will tear the place to the ground, after all, the hunters there are nothing more than Grade 4. Maybe if he's lucky, the devils would pick off the hunters and tear down the organization for him.