Chapter 16

A week had passed since the incident, and (Y/n) noticed the distance between her and her supposed comrades. They avoided her like the plague, when she attempted to ask Power, the fiend freaked out. It did not help that Sukuna was silent, for once, most likely to avoid any question she had. (Y/n) knows she's not the smartest person, but she's not stupid enough to not connect the dots.

Unknown to her, Sukuna was quite pissed, he felt like the Bomb Devil scammed him. He was told Denji and Makima would be taken out, but that didn't happen. Instead, he watched devils and assassins alike that attempted to eliminate the two, only to fail miserably. This is why he cannot trust others to do the dirty work for him.

Suddenly her phone rang, she quickly shuffled around and picked it up. "Hello?... Huh? Right now?... Alright, I'll be over soon" (Y/n) said before hanging up. She let out a sigh before putting on her shoes and heading out. It wasn't long before she headed into the Devil Hunter HQ. Arriving in Makima's office, she instantly spotted Power, Denji, and Aki.

(Y/n) frowned as she watched Aki and Power cower behind Denji as if he were a shield. "Good evening everyone, sorry to call you out of the blue" Makima apologized. "Why are we here?" (Y/n) asked curiously, being the first to speak up. "Well, Hayakawa requested for Division 4 to withdraw from taking down the Gun Devil. I'm here to tell you all that I can proceed with that request" Makima explained, with a smile.

Aki looked relieved for a moment, while Denji and Power looked confused. "But, (Y/n), Denji, and Power will still be going" Makima added, instantly Aki's face morphed into dread. "Wait! I thought all of us would be withdrawn!" Aki exclaimed, trying to reason with her. "No, only you will be withdrawing, since you were the captain, that means the group disbands. But, since Denji, Power, and (Y/n) are under my supervision, I'm going to put them in another group" Makika informed.

"Now, I need to brief the members on classified material. If you plan on withdrawing, you may leave" she said as she gestured to the door. "Will taking out this devil prevent more deaths?" (Y/n) asked as she rose her hand. "Of course" Makima lied with a closed-eyed smile. "No it won't" someone interrupted as they entered the office, gaining all of their attention.

"Gojo-Sensei?! What are you doing here?" (Y/n) exclaimed in confusion. "I'm here to join you all on this special mission! After all, you are going to go against something powerful" Satoru answered in a sing-song tone. "That is not necessary," Makima said with a strained smile and narrowed eyes. "Oh? But, this very important paper says otherwise" Satoru cooed as he held out a paper, waving it around with a cocky smirk.

Makima snatched the paper from him, reading it over thoroughly. In short, Satoru is now the new supervisor for Team 4, accepted by the government. The exception is, if he takes out the Gun Devil, he will have full custody over the team. "Now then, I'm your new Sensei, you must be team 4" Satoru said as he clapped his hands together, and smiled at Denji, Aki, and Power.

"No way! Really?!" Power exclaimed in excitement, hyped to have such a cool teacher. "Awe... We can't be with Makima anymore?" Denji asked with a small frown. "On the contrary, you might get to see her more" Satoru reassured, instantly picking Denji's mood back up. "Hell yeah! Best teacher ever!" Denji exclaimed as he fist-bumped the air.

"Actually, you aren't their new teacher, the group just disbanded," Makima said with a fake apologetic smile. "No, I'm staying with the operation" Aki corrected as he stared at the ground. "You hear that? The group is still together" Satoru cooed with a mocking smirk. "Gojo-Sensei, what is happening?" (Y/n) asked, too confused to piece together why he was here.

"Don't worry, your Sensei got it under control" Satoru reassured as he ruffled her hair, this just made her more confused. "Well, now that we're all here... What I will tell you will not leave this room. The Gun Devil is already been defeated and confined" Makima informed as she sat down in her office chair.

"What?!" Everyone, aside from Power, exclaimed in confusion. "Oh, I see, you plan on starting a war," Satoru said as he held his chin. "Huh? What do you mean?" Aki asked, not able to connect the dots. "Those bullets you've been collecting, other nations collected them. With the rising fear of guns, the pellets will get stronger as well" Satoru explained as he pointed at Aki.

When the meeting commenced, (Y/n) stuck around Satoru for more answers. "What's really going on? I never wanted to join a war" (Y/n) said with a worried frown. "I know, that's why I am here" Satoru reassured as he placed a hand on her head. "You won't fight this war alone," he said sternly. (Y/n) couldn't help but worry, she had a bad feeling about this.

~~~

"200% Hollow Purple"

A massive purple sphere flew right at the Gun Devil, destroying houses around the area. It had not been long since the Gun Devil's arrival and it was already being attacked. The devil narrowly avoided it, losing an arm in the process, it did not have time to recover, as it was sent right into a building.

(Y/n) had a stern look, her leg outstretched, before landing on the soles of her feet and rushing after the devil. The Gun Devil slowly got out of the rubble and pointed a gun at her. Pellets of bullets flew at her, destroying the ground and buildings. Satoru was quick to teleport to her and away from the range of attack.

Suddenly, a red ball of light pushed the Gun Devil to the ground, creating a massive crater. Addition by a weight that dropped right on top of them. "Gah!" The devil cried s their spine snapped under the pressure, as (Y/n) stood on top of them. She was quickly shoved off of the devil as they jumped away from her.

The devil tried searching for the second sorcerer, unsure where Satoru went. The sent of the sorcerer appeared behind them and on instinct, it swung its arm behind them. Their arm stop inches away from Satoru's face as the ground behind him was destroyed. "You got to do better than that" Satoru mocked with a large grin.

Satoru then grabbed the devil's arm and activated Lapis Red, sending the devil flying. (Y/n)'s fist lit up as she rushed at the devil, hitting it in the chest before they could get up. They stumbled backward from the impact before a hole exploded right through their chest. "I'm... I'm sorry... Aki" (Y/n) mumbled as she caught their falling body, tears streaming down her face.