12

"C'mon we need to leave" Karl tells me as I finish putting my shoes on

He has the door open and holds his hand out for me. I take it and he closes the door.

My driver, Perez was there waiting for us.

"Perez!" I say excitedly as I see him. He was my childhood driver. He was like a second father, he was the more understanding one.

"Hello Kaylen! And who is this? Your new and improved boyfriend?" He asks me curiously.

"Yes. This is my boyfriend Karl." I say as Perez opens the door for us.

"Well it's nice to meet you Karl" he says looking in the rear view mirror and smiles at us

"It's a pleasure to meet you too!" Karl says squishing my hand from nervousness.

The rest of the car ride for the hotel room to my parents house was quite.

As soon as we get there my parents are waiting for me with Edward.

Perez opens the door for me and helps me out. I thank him and Edward starts walking towards me with a smile on his face. As soon as I get out Karl gets out and I grab his hand.

Edward is no longer smiling.

"Honey, you are finally here! And I see you brought someone" my mom says coldly when referring to Karl

"Mother. Father. I'd like to introduce Karl, my boyfriend" I smile at him

"Boyfriend?" Edward makes a face "you deserve better. Like me"

"Honey, no. We already have a wedding date for you and Edward. You'll thank us later when you get out of your rebel phase" my mom tells me.

A wedding!? No. Not gonna happen. I look at Karl and it looks like his heart dropped.

"No Im not getting married. I have a boyfriend already and I will always choose him over Edward any day. Stop controlling my life, the only reason I'm here is for father's birthday. After that I will be leaving" I state

"Look Kaylen. He is just not good enough for you. And what happened to you and your little boyfriend you ran off with. I know he is not the same person as him" Edward agued

"No offense but that is none of your concern." Karl defends me

"I do not want my daughter to be a slut. Young man this is none of your business to be talking to Edward that way. I do not want her to date more than two people". My dad yells at Karl

"Good thing I can control who I date and marry and actually I don't care if you think I'm a slut call me that all you want. As a matter of fact I am dating 5 men right now. I have five boyfriends" I tell them immediately regretting it

Karl looks at me and gives me a nodding approval.

"YOU WHORE!" My father screams at me " I DO NOT WANT YOU AT THIS PARTY. I DON'T WANT YOU AS A DAUGHTER, I DISOWN YOU"

A tear escapes my eyes and Karl pulls me into a side hug still glaring at the three of them.

"you were shitty parents either way" I say under my breath.

"DONT TALK TO YOUR PARENTS THAT WAY!" Edward yells at me and gets way to close to me "what a shame. You were so pretty as well"

"I know. That's why she is my girlfriend" Karl says pushing him way from me

"You are cut off for good! Good luck flying back and living" my dad laughs

"Good thing she has FIVE BOYFRIENDS to take care of her and actually she is living quite happily with us in our house which is way bigger that this house. I heard you were supposed to be rich, this pathetic house is nothing" Karl defends me. "C'mon let's go princess" he tells me wipping my tears and opening the door for me to get in the Uber he order which was a Lamborghini.

Karl calls our boys and tell them that we are going back home. They ask why and he explains. Im still processing what just happened. It's not like they were ever there for me. My dad was the worst. My mom used to be tolerable but she changed. They were the worst. I want better family.