Brotherly reassurance

I was waiting outside of the elevator in Tubbo and I's shared office.

If Philza says anything to Tubbo I swear!

I heard the elevator ding from outside his office and I perked up. The door opened and Tubbo walked in, smiling.

"So?" I asked.

"Nothing. We just have to wait and see if this American dude can help us with this bullshit." Tubbo said, flopping onto his chair.

I huffed. "Whatever. We can do this on our own." I said, pulling my chair in front of his desk.

"I mean, some help would be nice?" Tubbo said, sounding more of him trying to convince himself than me.

"Ughhh, when does this shift end! It's insanely boring!" I yelled.

"You haven't even gotten any work done!" Tubbo smiled, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever. I'm gonna organize some files for the hundredth time. Yell if you find out anything interesting." I say, moving my way to a file cabinet and pulling out some of them.

Tubbo scoffed playfully and shook his head. "Sure toms. But technically dad told me if we want to we can get out of our shift early until Friday when the kid comes over." Tubbo chirped.

"Really! Wanna go bother the twins then!?" I suggested.

"Alright, but I'm getting the coffee you didn't get me earlier."

"Sure! Let's go!" I said.

We made our way to the break room, where our brothers were no longer there, but a pink haired woman with a highly sugared coffee in her hands.

"Hey boys." She perked up when she saw us.

"Hey Niki!" Me and Tubbo said in unison.

"How's the work?" She asked.

"Stressful. You?" Tubbo stated.

"Yeah." She agreed. "I got a lead on who ended up killing that poor child down the river!" She said.

"Really?" Tubbo perked. "Whatchu got?" He asked.

"I ended finding out that the kid what killed with a axe, not the knife that was placed there as bait. The gash on his head made more sense that way, too! Within the woods, an axe was hidden pretty close to the scene. Odd that it had some stained blood on it, right? I ran some DNA tests on the handle and it matched the DNA of a store clerk 5 minutes away from the scene." Niki said.

"I'm heading later today to ask the parents if they ever heard of their kid going anywhere near that store, maybe before their kid died." She ended.

"I would go now, but Wilbur needed me to run some tests on a knife that was found in his crime scene. I'm just taking a coffee break before I go." She said, throwing away her cup.

"Alright then. We'll see you later?" Tubbo asks. She hummed. "I have to go now. Bye boys!" She said, and made her way to the elevator, clicking the 'L' button.

I sat on the table watching Tubbo pour cold coffee into his plastic to-go cup. He put a tiny spoon full of sugar in it before taking a sip.

"Let's go." Tubbo said, trotting towards the elevator. I got in behind him and he clicked the '7' button. The number illuminated and we waited a few seconds before it opened, making the chime sound.

We both walked out and made our way to techno and Wilbur's connected office. It was half of the room on the left side, covered by a long wall of glass with one door opening.

I opened the door and we walked in. Wilbur's desk was closer to the door so he saw us first. "What's up kids?" Wilbur said. "Get scolded by dad?" He asked.