Listen

"I'm gonna go sit down. You order whatever." I said, handing him two twenties.

"You're not gonna get anything?" He asked.

"Not hungry."

"You said you were hungry in the car though?"

"Oh.. I guess the hunger just.. faded away?"

He slit his eyes at me. "Whatever. Oh and I'm not using your money. I got my own."

"I'm leaving~"

"Take your goddamn!- oh whatever."

I made my way to a booth and slid in.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through whatever, bored.

My stomach grumbled, clearly disagreeing with what I had told Tommy earlier.

"Oh suck it up and wait till we get home." I told myself.

Tommy found where I was sitting and put two cups on the table. "If you're not gonna eat at least get a drink." He said, still standing.

We had a staring contest in silence before I decided Tommy was to stubborn to lose. "fine."

He smiled. "Great."

We both walked to that stupid drink dispenser where the drink you actually want is always out of order, and one of the slots don't give out ice. Oh and the sprite is water for some reason.

Tommy got himself a coke and I got the same. We made our way back to the seat and sat down in silence.

Tommy took a long sip from his cup.

I left mine there untouched.

"Order for Tommy!" A voice yelled. He stood up and came back with the brown paper bag.

He pulled out a ten piece chicken nugget box and soggy fries. He slid a small fries box to me.

"Take it or leave it." Tommy said before I did anything. I nodded.

Tommy began eating, sometimes stopping to take a drink.

I hadn't touched my drink or fries. Well not until now. I picked up one of the heavily salted and soggy fries.. how do these fries get so soggy? Like- what..? How do you screw up fries that bad?

I wiggled the fire like a noodle, wrapping it in half in the process. I fell on the table and Tommy just looked at me.

It seems like staring contest are gonna be a common game between us.

Except this time, I won. Instead of focusing on my eyes, he looked down to my mask.

"OOOOOH- Do you not like taking that off?" He asked, pointing to the facial covering.

I pinched the back of my neck. "Yeah.."

"Oh sorry. I didn't know that." He said, putting his cup back down on the table. "Are you actually hungry though?"

My stomach answered his question desperately.

He laughed. "Hmm.. well.. I'll eat under the table!"

"Tommy, no, that's disgusting."

"Eh."

"Tommy don't."

"Hmm. I'll.. ooh!" He shifted in his seat, turning around so he could face the cushion.

"There we go!" His back was hitting the table, and he reached his hand behind him to reach for his drink.

I sat there, smiling. Tommy and Tubbo had both used the same solution. This time, I wouldn't complain. It didn't stop Tubbo, so there's no way it would affect Tommy.

I pulled down my mask and ate a fry. Then another. And other. Being soggy was disappointing, but they didn't taste horrible. That's a win I guess.

I took a sip from my drink and put my mask back up. "You can turn around now."

"I dunno, I'm kinda comfortable like this." I heard his muffled voice reply.

I snickered. "Sure Tommy."

Soon enough he had finished his food, just in that position.

He turned around and slumped in the chair. "You ready to go?" I asked, tapping the table.

He nodded.

We both stood up and grabbed our trash. We threw it out and walked back to the car.

"How long now?" Tommy asked when he got in the passenger seat. "About and hour and a half."

"Great."

"Got any ideas on what to do?"

Tommy didn't take me as a person to enjoy walks around that street. But that's what's interesting about people. Getting to know the real them.

Learning their interests.

I learned some basic things on the walk. Tommy loves the color red, raccoons are cool, he likes curry, but I also learned some other things.

"Yeah. I really do enjoy walks on the beach. Those are really fun and sorta calming." He said, kicking a stone down a path.

I hummed, watching the stone.

"Yeah, most people don't believe that." He gave an unsure laugh.

"Why's that?" I asked, following back behind him.

"Well apparently I'm 'too loud' and 'annoying' to enjoy peace." He huffed.

I nodded, watching as he kicked another stone. This time with more force.

"What about you big guy? Tell me something about you."

I stopped, before quickly trailing with him once more.

"Well, I Like blue. Kinda like a royal blue. And uh.. cats are cool. And I guess I don't really have a favorite food. I've cooked to much to have a specific one."

"You like cooking?" He asked, sitting down on some rocks. I sat down next to him.

"Yeah.. my moms.. they uh, they would give me a new recipe to make every other day. Desserts, breakfasts, whatever they felt like making."

"They'd teach me and my sisters. It was something we would always do together." I said, grabbing a rock and tossing it in my hands.

"That sounds fun."

"It was."

Tommy looked out towards the water. "Do you miss them? Your family?"

"Yeah.."

"Alright then." He said, shifting so he was looking at me. I did the same.

"Give me some good memories."

"Oh okay, well.. we created this one specific cake together. It was 'the cake that could kill god.'"

"Why was it called that?" He snickered.

"Well, it was the first cake I had ever made alone, without my mom's supervision. Let's just say.. it wasn't the best. My mom deemed it could probably kill god. And the name was born."

He laughed. "That's stupid."

"Yeah.. in my opinion it was good though."

"You're gonna have to make it again one day. For me to my opinion in."

"Alright then."

Tommy looked up and smiled at me.

I smiled back.

He seems to be as good as a listener just as a talker.
————————————————————————

1046 words
RazHasNO_Name
Detective AU! <3