Helping hand

Me and Ranboo have been at this for about three hours.

We're toying with every idea, trying to make sure to understand much as we can. Finding what makes the most logical answer.

"Hey Tubbo, look at this." Ranboo said, dropping the pen in his mouth.

"Each area is within a twenty mile radius of the other. This guy must be pretty lazy to not move far around. That makes it easier to find out where these kids could be at. It must be somewhere near the the middle of this whole area." He pointed at the map.

"You're mostly right.." I trailed.

"But look at this,"

"From BreakBay and Cherrywood is twenty. Cherrywood to Neverson is about the same distance. It creates a circle down towards Beckington. Twenty. Wilkerson is about eighteen-nineteen, so not much of a distance. But DarkGreen. It's about forty from all the others. Maybe coincidence, but maybe they only meant to take the five. One kid showed up at DarkGreen and since they were already there, they took them? It would make sense to keep a pretty good distance of the base to the capture." I pointed.

Ranboo perked up. He studied the map closely before deciding."Ready to go to DarkGreen?" He asked. I nodded. We're finally making something out of this.

We both practically ran out of the room, grabbing some things.

We dashed towards the elevator, leaving a confused and unanswered Jack.

Ranboo clicked the 'L' button, and we both waited impatiently for the elevator door to open. When it did, we shoved ourselves out of the office. Ranboo clicked his key, making the vehicle alarm. Ranboo hurried to the drivers seat, I in the passengers seat. He started up the car and we were off.

It was a silent fifty minute drive. Not out of awkwardness, but anxiousness. We could be inches closer to finding the children.

We got to the forest and Ranboo stopped the car. I rushed out and Ranboo opened the back. He grabbed a gun and held it to his side. He looked at me and I nodded.

We both quietly made our way through the forest. The afternoon sun shunned by the masses of trees blocking any sight of sunlight. You would assume it was night time if you had no track of time. Ranboo grumbled over every twig he tripped on. I stumbled multiple times, almost falling over. It was dark. After the third trip, Ranboo pulled out a flashlight.

He trailed behind me, using his height to shine the flashlight somewhere we could both see from.

I stopped him, putting my hand up. I waved my hand, nudging him and the flashlight. He handed it to me and I turned it off.

It was a trailer, placed in the middle of the forest.

We both walked silently towards the trailer. I easily opened the door. It was open. As good as a bad sign.

We both hurried in, shutting the door. It was shit.

There was shit all over the floor, trash, cans, paper, and...

Blood.

"Shit.." I mumbled.

Ranboo gasped at the lightest.

I quickly stepped through the rubbish.

I heard squirming and crying from down the small hall.

I moved through, shining the light down the hall. A slightly boarded up wall, where there was supposed to be a door.

"Help..!" A tiny voice whimpered. It was hoarse and broken. I shined the light at the door and I could make out a few eyes. "Please help us before he comes back!" One of the tiny voices croaked.

"I'm gonna help! Don't worry kids. Just give me a few seconds." I turned around and one of the whimpered, letting out a sob. "Don't leave us!"

"I promise I'll come back and get you guys, I promise." One of them nodded, while other's silently cried.

I turned around to a bash.

I shone the light behind me.

Ranboo was being strangled by a slightly shorter, man. Ranboo wrapped his leg around the other males leg, turning himself around to shove the man on the floor. He swung a fist at the males face, making a cracking noise. Before the man could react, Ranboo rested a harsh foot at the older's stomach.

He groaned and ranboo picked him up with ease, grabbing his head and slamming it on the counter, completely knocking out the older man. Ranboo breathed harshly, looking up at me. He had bloodied knuckles, a lightly blooded shirt and mask.

He pulled handcuffs out of his pockets and nodded at me. I nodded back at him before frantically searching around the room. I couldn't find any hammer or crowbar so I went back to the kids.

They were still crying and whimpering, silently.

"He can't hurt you anymore. You guys are all okay now, alright?"

They nodded, some letting out harsh breathes.

"All I need you guys to do is back up alright? I need to break down the wood."

I heard shuffling and couldn't spot any eyes anymore.

"Everyone to the back?" I asked.

I heard a faint agreement and I kicked down the makeshift door.

I shown the light in the room. All six children inside.

They looked up at me.

"Come on everyone, we're getting you to your families, alright?" I said, waving them towards me. Some were more hesitant, while one of the kids ran up to me and grabbed on to my leg.

——

Ranboo had contacted the police department. They had came within a few minutes and ranboo shoved the kidnapper inside the cop car.

"Well done boys." One of the cops commented.

"Are their parents being contacted?" I asked.

He nodded.

I took a long, harsh breath. I couldn't hold my excitement.

I ran over to Ranboo, who was leaning on his car. He was trying to wipe the blood off of his shirt, failing.

He shook his head, and ran his bloodied hands through his hair. "Lookin mighty sexy Ran." I commented, crossing my arms.

He stopped his hands and eyed me.

I huffed, smiling up at him.

I couldn't help but latch my arms around him.

"WE DID IT!" I squealed. He ruffled my hair.

"In one day, too!"I squealed.

"I can't believe I hadn't caught that myself.." I shrunk, sort of disappointed in myself.

"It's alright Tubbo. Technically, you were the one who pointed out the difference from the distance from DarkGreen to the other places. I didn't catch that." He said, making me look up at him. I elbowed his stomach.

"We did it."

He smiled. "Yeah we did."

Ranboo really did help.
————————————————————————

1089 words
RazHasNo_Name
Detective AU <3