Get started, Asshole

Journal Entry:
436

I made it to the office today! I'm pretty excited but also worried. Phil seemed pretty nice, and he introduced me to my partners, Tubbo and Tommy.

Tubbo said Tommy's going to hold a grudge on me for being American, but that's fine. Note: "Don't fall for 'Im a big guy' facade. Tommy's nice."- Tubbo

Tubbo seems pretty neat too! Though he seems hurt. I want to help him however I can.

I hope we can all be good friends.
––

I opened the door to my new apartment. It wasn't so far from the office, maybe a twenty minute walk.

I threw my satchel on the floor and looked around. A nice kitchen, a small work area, and a living room. Down the hallway was two doors: a bathroom and a bedroom.

It's pretty decent. I opened the door to my room and flopped on the bed. Phil had actually gotten this ready for me before I came. Pretty neat I'd say.

I laid there, staring at my ceiling, bored.

I miss my family.

I used to live in a nice two story house with my mom's and my little sister. Sometimes my older sister would come over to.

I rolled over, trying not to think about it. I can always call them. Maybe they'd visit too?.. actually, I don't know if I'd really want that.

I huffed before sitting up and hitting myself in the head. I grabbed my backpack which I had left here earlier and grabbed clothes out of it, making my way towards the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and stepped out. I dried myself and shoved on a hoodie and sweatpants.

I walked to my room and connected my headphones to my phone. I put my mask in the bedside drawer.

'Mr. Loverman' began playing and I laid down on my bed. I checked the time, '8:13.' Before getting under the covers and falling asleep.
––

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm. It was four fifteen am. What a lovely time to get up.

I groaned, preparing myself for the longest day of my life. I used my elbows to prop myself up.

I moved my way lazily to the shower. I took a cold, five minute shower before wrapping myself in a towel. I walked over to the sink and brushed my teeth before making my way towards my room to change.

I grabbed black jeans and a grey sleeved shirt. I put my sisters black jacket, (that I stole from her) and tied it to my waist, black socks and black combat boots.

I ruffled my partially dry hair and put my mask on. I grabbed my fingerless gloves before staring at myself in the mirror. I sighed before walking out of my room and to the kitchen. The time on the stove read '4:32'.

I decided being early to the first day was a good thing. I grabbed my keys, and patted my pocket making sure my phone was there. I grabbed my satchel that was thrown effortlessly in front of the couch.

I opened the door, locking it behind me. I opened the door to my car and began my way towards the office.

Ten minutes later I pulled into the parking lot. It was four forty four and work didn't start til five.

I still walked in. "Hey kid." The desk lady said. I waved. "You're the new guy, right?" She asked.

"Was it that obvious?"

She hummed, nodding in a way sort of acceptedly.

She walked in front of me and out her hand out, "Minx." She said. "Ranboo."

"Nice to meet you Ranboo." She said, before nudging my shoulder.

"See ya later then." I nodded and made my way towards the elevator.

'What number was I on...' I thought to myself, cursing my poor memory.

'6!'

I clicker the number and it lit up. The elevator music began to play and I stood there, with mixed emotions: anxious, excited, scared, and most importantly: tired. The one that weighed over all the others.

The elevator 'dinged' and the doors opened. I walked out and made my way to the break room. I had five minutes so I made coffee. I need something to survive this.

I quickly finished pouring the already made coffee into a foam cup. I sipped from the container before walking towards the shared office. Only Tubbo was there. He was snoring, his messy hair placed in the middle of papers and coffee cups. It was a very depressing sight, but kind of adorable at the same time...

Whatever.

I sat on the chair in front of his desk. I nudged his head lightly. He got up immediately, yelling.

"AAAAAH! HUH, WHAT?! IM UP." He shook his head.

"Oh, sorry Ranboo." He groaned.

"Did you stay here all night?" I asked. I didn't see him leave yesterday..

"Oh, yeah. I do that sometimes. I tried getting somewhere with these stupid ass papers but-."

I ruffled his messy hair, which seemed to stop his rambling. He groaned, scooting his chair towards my touch. I slightly melted.

"That's alright Tubbo." I smiled, retracting my hand. He cracked his neck and knuckles before using his legs to move his chair towards a cabinet.

I grabbed the about thirty coffee cups and threw them in a halfway full trashcan.

When I went back he had neatly piled papers in his hands. "Alright." He said, tapping them on the desk. "This is all we got. There's six missing children, all reported around the same time. Millie Lina, Thomas Yuru, Anderson Kate, Ava Williams, Chester Liams, and Jenni Heather. None of the children are related or seem to have any relation together so there's no where we can get a good start from. We don't know who kidnapped them or even if they were kidnapped, I doubt otherwise though. They all range from the age seven through ten. We've been trying to keep contact with all the parents and try to find where they were last seen."

"Well where's that?" I asked. He grabbed one of the papers. "Millie Lina: last seen Neverson Park. Pink shirt, white skirt, and red headband. Brown hair, amber eyes."

He continued, "Thomas Yuru: last seen Wilkerson Elementary. Navy uniform, khaki pants and white sneakers. Blonde hair, freckles, and green eyes,"

"Anderson Kate: last seen BreakBay local. Brown shirt, green shorts, and black sneakers. Brown hair and grey eyes."

"Ava Williams: last seen Cherrywood Shoppe. Yellow sunflower dress and white ballet shoes. Blonde hair and green eyes."

"Chester Liams: last seen DarkGreen Forest. Black hoodie, black shorts and brown shoes. Black hair and brown eyes."

"Lastly, Jenni Heather: Last seen Beckington dock. Blue overalls, white shirt and light blue jeans. Black hair with Heterochromia: blue and brown."

He finished. "Alright then. Do you have a map somewhere in here?" I asked. He nodded and stood up to pull down a map of the whole place. He grabbed a red pin and pinpointed one area that read "Nerverson Park." "This is where Millie was last seen."

He added another at Wilkerson Elementary. "Thomas,"

BreakBay local. "Anderson."

Cherrywood Shoppe. "Ava."

DarkGreen Forest. "Chester."

Beckington Dock. "And lastly, Jenni."

I stood up and walked next to him. "Alright then, let's see where we can get from this."

————————————————————————

1227 words
RazHasNo_Name
Detective AU <3