Chapter 1

Farrell's P.O.V.

It's said that every time you sigh, a part of your soul leaves your body, does that mean I'm soulless now? I have lost count of how many times I've sighed, and on my birthday of all days! I thought about my 16th birthday as I lay in my bed that night, I suppose in a way it was the best birthday, but the most sweetly torturous one ever. I had shifted in the Alpha's house for the first time today; he was also the mayor of Clearwater.

Normally, one would be overjoyed at this but for me; I was more nervous and fearful. Though it wasn't exactly common for white wolves to appear - as the rest of the werewolves there that shifted for the first time had turned into brown, grey or even sandy colours - I was unique with my sparkling white wolf with icy blue eyes and a towering frame of six feet tall.

Though I guess it wasn't exactly much of a change from my human appearance with platinum blond hair, slightly turquoise eyes, with a rocker look going at the height of 5'8. In terms of clothes I do prefer hoodies over vests or wife beaters and biker boots over sneakers or vans. But my favourite part of me has to be the piercing I have on my right ear.

But that wasn't the thing the held my interest, no, it was the rustic brown wolf from the opposite side of the room. Now if I were a normal wolf the reason behind this would be because that wolf is actually a very famous one. He, yes it's a male wolf, is actually the son of both my Alpha and the Mayor of my town and goes by the name of Connor Lawson. As soon as he shifted also for the first time, his wolf ears perked up a little just as mine when I first noticed his scent.

He was my mate.

His eyes brightened as his wolf recognised what was happening and tried to scour out the source of it, trying to find a certain scent. Not that I could let him of course, he could never find out that someone like me was his mate that he had been waiting his whole life for. So before my wolf did something drastic or I couldn't control my mating urges, I left quickly and quietly.

I rushed home with a nagging wolf the whole time, took a shower and came to this point in time, laying in my bed with the conclusion that I should never get that close again, it would be my first and last time.

'That is your own fault, you shouldn't have left.' My wolf growled at me.

'I shouldn't have left?! I saved us both the embarrassing of him finding out that I'm the queer loner of school. And I saved us from the heartache, because he would most likely reject us.'

'He wouldn't do that he is our mate.' My wolf protested.

'Ha, our mate? I never agreed to be his mate. You're the mate to his wolf not his human form, I have to live with his human form which could be very different from his wolf form.'

'Mates are there to protect us, not to harm us.'

'Great logic! Then why did it not work out for Melissa whose mate is the trainer of our pack, but he still beats her up and she can't leave him and he knows it. And not even the Alpha can step in.' My wolf had nothing to say to me afterwards. 'My thoughts exactly! We are better off not getting too close, we're not even acquaintances or friends. So it is better this way, he will never found out who we are.'

I felt my wolf whimper at this, I knew it hurt. I rather do it this way than getting my hopes up and getting rejected. I heard no wolf was ever sane after rejection and I wasn't planning on find out anytime soon.

Connor's P.O.V.

It was Friday, and per usual,everybody in the pack was at the pack house. To celebrate some guy's birthday, and as future Alpha I had to be there to seem like a social and fair Alpha to my pack. If it wasn't for that guy's birthday, I would have been in town at the new dance club: The Cave. I heard from some people that it's awesome there; great music, good atmosphere, pretty girls, and booze, what more could a guy want?

When midnight rolled around I felt my wolf stir and he urged me outside and saw that several people shifted, but why did that make my wolf so jumpy?

'Our mate is out there. We should find what is rightfully ours!'

'Right, how are we going to do that with all these people?'

'Shift and you will be able to pin point the smell' was the simple answer from my wolf.

So I shifted to my wolf form, it felt breath-taking as always to shift as I always felt like I had just freed myself from a tight trap that held the real me. The human part of me wasn't so bad; I was actually pretty good looking at 6'2, honey blond hair and crystal clear eyes. I'm pretty buff but not freakishly and I like to show it by wearing tight jeans and shirts along with vans. Then to finish off I might wear a leather jacket.

And now it was even better for my wolf part of me because I smelled something that made my mouth water and my little me harden a bit.

'What's that amazing scent?'

'Our mate', my wolf stated proudly; the scent was soft but sweet; a hint of lavender and morning dew. I stalked around sniffing, first all the people I knew, after not finding what I was looking for I went further into the woods.

The scent became stronger until I laid eyes upon the most beautiful creature ever: a pristine white wolf six feet tall. It turned around to look at me and was startled at my presence, and I got a good whiff of the scent and it was the lavender and morning dew.

'MINE'

'Yeah I hear you, I'm happy my mate is worthy.'

But before we could do anything the wolf turned and darted off. I snickered, so you want to play? Two can play at that game!

Even though I said that, this wolf was quick I actually lost sight of the wolf a few times. I was going to chase it until I found out who it was if it wasn't for my dad calling me back. I took one final longing look in the direction the wolf disappeared, whined and trotted back home feeling a little hurt and lonely.

Angrily, I made my way back to where the rest of the shifted wolves were to listen to my father's announcement.

Dad better have a good reason to call me back, I was so fucking close to finding out who my mate was! On the way there I could see that different people had shifted back, among those who my beta Alex stood out with his wicked grin, looks like he found his mate I though sourly. Lucky bastard, but I should at least show some appreciation for him; he was like a brother to me after all.

'Hey man, what's up? You look a bit peeved.' Alex linked to me.

'Yeah I was just about to find out who my mate was when dad decided to call me back to the house.'

'Who was it?'

'Don't know, and I bet neither do you do you? The wolf was like an angel with its snowy white fur...'

'Nope haven't seen anyone shift to white.'

Annoyed by this fact I sighed and lay down on the grass not bothering to change back, after the announcement I'll go back and see if I can find the trace of the white wolf again.

Farrell's P.O.V

The Next Day

Surprisingly, I was happy when Monday finally rolled around; I could finally get away from my worried parents as they had fretted unnecessarily over the fact that I came back home early and smelling different. According to them my scent changed from just morning dew to lavender and morning dew. When I asked my wolf about it he said it was because I found my mate. He was still grumpy with me over the fact that I left the meeting early when he had wanted to be with him.