Chapter 13

Connor's P.O.V

I was very surprised to come home to a dark house, but once I was inside I smelled a nice smell; Farrell’s arousal was spread throughout the whole house making my mouth water. Swallowing hard I dropped off my stuff in the study, looking around the kitchen, living room, but Farrell was nowhere to be found on the ground floor. When I was standing in front of the stairs I suddenly felt very nervous for some reason, wringing my hands I slowly made my way up the stairs.

On the top of the stairs I noticed that Farrell’s scent went both way’s; it went left, that was an older scent, and it went to the right; this scent was newer. Deciding that was the right way to go I made my way to the right, stopping halfway down the corridor when I heard some grunting. It came from our bedroom, fearing something was wrong with Farrell I rushed to the bed room, threw open the door and saw Farrell struggle with a blanket. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding, stepping into the room and lift the blanket and put it on the bed.

Farrell huffed at me, telling me that he could have handled it on his own, I didn’t say anything because if I did he would get all stressed and that would be bad for the babies, and for me too because he would have quick mood swings, so quick that I would do everything wrong even if I did what he wanted. I had hold back a laugh when Farrell realised that I was in the room and he looked a bit flustered “You’re not supposed to be up here yet, it’s not finished! So get out, out!” pushing me towards the door and slammed the door in my face when I stepped over the threshold. I could hear him mess around in the room, shook my head and headed down stairs, intent on making some dinner. In the kitchen I smelled some very nice scents which led me to the stove and lifting some of the lids form the pots on the stove. I can’t believe that I didn’t see this when I was here looking for Farrell! You were more interested in making sure your mate was okay, which is quite obvious. So it’s not that hard not noticing this. That was the first time my wolf said something not related to the kids, or Farrell’s condition in general, usually he would nag and nag at me about it event to the point I was tempted to shut him up by throwing up my barrier. So I took out most of my anger on my teammates, they didn’t complain though; they knew my wolf was off and the situation with Farrell was making me act out of character too.

The closer we got to the day of birth, the more nervous I became and the worse I slept. I would shoot up in bed in the middle of the night in cold sweat, breathing hard. Sometimes I would notice Farrell was gone, so I panicked big time, running around the house like a fool, only to find Farrell in the bathroom because of his morning sickness. That was a part of the pregnancy that we both hated the most, the morning sickness, came late in the pregnancy; it came in the last few days, and making Farrell throw up every once in a while, and what didn’t help was that Farrell wasn’t a morning person so he was always grumpy when the sickness woke him up before ten am. I was stirring in some of the pots when Farrell appeared in the door way. He looked like he had a fight with his pillow; his white hair sticking up in weird places and a healthy pink blush on his cheeks. He wanted to protest about me making the food, but I cut him off “You sit down; you know it’s going to hurt your feet at the end and you can give me my surprise after dinner.” He glared at me, but did what I said and let out a sigh as the weight was shifted from his feet to the kitchen chair.

“So are you going to tell me what Mike wanted? He looked quite happy when I saw him at the pack house earlier.” Farrell giggled at that “Are you sure you want to know?” I raised an eyebrow at that, “why wouldn’t I want to know? As future Alpha I need to know what is going on in the head of my Gamma.” Farrell just rolled his eyes at that, a habit he developed of the past few days when he didn’t agree with me. He studied his fingers before answering me “Well if you need to know Alpha, stretching the word Alpha, Mike came to me because he wasn’t sure how to handle the situation with Ryan, especially the sex situation, he seemed really worried about that. So I told him about how we handled it and that he needed to talk it through with Ryan before doing anything.”