Chapter 14

Mike’s P.O.V

It was quite funny to see Connor change from laid back player, to a dedicated mate. It had its plus points; like he would cut down on the flirting with others, and a down point was that he would never go out with us any more, he would rather stay home with Farrell. Especially now Farrell was nearing the end of his pregnancy. Connor was running around like a headless chicken, I thank god that school won’t start for another few months. After my talk with Farrell the other day, I felt more and more comfortable with Ryan touching me. That reminded me that I had to apologise to Connor for interrupted their ‘little moment together’. So I was pleasantly surprised when he told me not to worry about it, ginning like a fool he told me they made up.

The way he said it made me cringle; it was an image I didn’t want or needed to see. I don’t want to know what it looks like Connor and Farrell having sex. I cleared my throat and looked the other way, making Connor laugh at me, he enjoys making me feel awkward, and the teasing I get from Ryan as well, makes me blurt out things better not said in some company. Ryan, just thinking his name has my wolf purring like an overgrown kitten. I rubbed my face, trying unsuccessfully to get Ryan’s half naked body out of my head. Of course seeing him half naked in my mind’s eye worked against me, I got hard just about thinking about the time I saw him like that.

I wasn’t aware that Ryan was in the bathroom when I walked in, I heard water running but somehow thought nothing of it. I really really needed to pee pretty badly, so I just walked in and proceed to pee. Only noticing his deep rumbling chuckle when I was in the middle of peeing, all of a sudden the shower curtain was pulled to the side, revealing a delicious wet Ryan, I kept staring at him, my mouth hanging open, not very helpful that my cock hardened at the sight of water rivulets running down his well formed chest, down to his very impressive manhood. I swallowed loudly, shivering at the way Ryan was looking at me as he took a step toward me. Effectively making me step back into the closed bathroom door, I squeaked when I hit the closed door, making Ryan chuckle at me. That wasn’t enough he pressed himself to me, making me moan at the contact. I felt him smirk against my skin, as he trailed heated little kisses down my jaw to my ear, nibble gently on my earlobe. Moaning I rolled my hips into his, pleased by his low moan, my hands fisted themselves in his soft hair, tucking his face closer to my skin.

Ryan was humming as he trailed his hand down my side to my hipbone, squeezing lightly. The actions made me shudder, whining as I came. Ryan looked surprised, but said nothing as he continued his ministrations on my body. Sighing he pulled back, touching his forehead to mine, “If we are going to continue this we better move it to your bedroom.” his voice husky, making me lick my lips in excitement. Until I noticed one of his hands was squeezing my ass, although it was gently; I nearly didn’t notice it, but I did and panic set in. this was way too quick for me, I just started to accept the fact that Ryan was my mate, I was nowhere near ready to take it to the next step.

I don’t know if Ryan was sad or respected my decision, but he backed off. Still cupping my face in his hands, he gently kissed me on the lips “If you don’t want to go that far yet, is fine just let me know when you’re ready okay?” nuzzling his nose to mine he let go of me, dried himself off and on his way out smacked my ass, leaving me behind stunned. Blinking a few times, making sure that really happened and freaked out afterward.

In the days that followed I tried my hardest not to be alone with Ryan anywhere. I know it hurt Ryan that every time we were left alone in a room I would flee. This went on for about a week, until my wolf told me to ask Farrell how he handled this situation; I have to say I was glad that they went through a similar phase in their relationship. With that information, I confidently walked back to the pack house to tell Ryan I was ready to take our… whatever we shared to a next level. I looked for him through the whole ground floor of the pack house, and the other places he might be; the training room, outdoor pool, indoor pool, but he was nowhere to be found. I went up the stairs to his bedroom, where I found him asleep in just his boxers. I swallowed thickly as his scent hit me, spices and musky and something purely Ryan.