Chapter 16

*Time Skip To Graduating day*

Farrell’s P.O.V

I can’t believe that I am graduating today with the rest of my class! Everybody passed, but I did just like Connor said; I passed with flying colours so they asked me to hold a graduation speech. I was honoured; but didn’t know what to put on paper. I have been wrecking my brain for the right words, thinking about what happened to Matt and Missy, I felt like I had to say something about that too.

Connor picking up on my tension, he came over and started to rub my tensed shoulders, I let out a content sigh, feeling the tension leave my body. “Still thinking hard about the words you’re going to say at the speech?” his deep voice spreads warmth through my body, making me shiver. I snuggle into his heat as we watch the twin boys rolling around on the beach, since they are werewolves they mature quicker than normal people. Both of them were trying to build a sandcastle with their uncle Mike, but the damn thing kept collapsing on them. This didn’t damper the fun they were having. It was good to see Mike this happy; he was practically glowing. This seems to be a very common thing for happy mated werewolves, or at least so I have heard.

We decided to go to the beach with the whole graduation class; Connor and I got weird looks as we came to the beach with two young boys. It was obvious that they never have seen so many pretty people together, and to make things worse; some people started to hit on mated girls so we decided not to get too involved so we left the original beach and went to another one. Connor left getting some lunch, the boys were tired, so they came back and take a little nap, basking in the sun’s heat I close my eyes. Hearing a quiet laugh, I slowly opened one eye; I saw a young surfer, tall bronze skin, “Can I help you?” I asked, seeing as he wasn’t moving. Instead of answering me, he looked me up and down like he wanted to eat me. Then his eyes landed on Dermot and Brendan, who were curled up beside me. Licking his lips the surfer dude hunched down to my level “Yea you can.” trailing a hand along my arm. I growl lowly in my throat, not liking his touch or the way he speaks to me.

He looked surprised at the sound, but then Mike comes up with Connor in tow, “What do you think you’re doing punk?” he growls at the surfer. The surfer looks at me one more time before raising to his full height, “Enjoying the view. There is nothing wrong with that.” Connor narrows his eyes, “You can enjoy the view elsewhere, somewhere where my boyfriend isn’t in it.” he snaps. The surfer dude laughed, “YOUR Boyfriend huh? I hope you are ready to keep a close eye on him, because there are a lot of others who would want a piece of him, me included.” he made the mistake to sound cocky, Connor steps protectively in front of me, folding his muscular arms in front of his chest, smirks “I would take anybody on who is willing to try.” This grabs the attention from everybody else of our group; I sit up straight up “Connor don’t act stupid, this is not needed.” Silently adding Why on earth are you doing this? There is no need for this.

Snorting Connor replies This punk needs to know his place, you and the boys belong to me and no one else.  I roll my eyes, We know that, and we always will. The surfer dude looked in question from Connor to me and back, obviously he wasn’t following our silent conversation, and Mike and Alex came to back Connor up so they looked quite intimidating. Three muscular six foot something guys, all standing in front of me like they needed to block me from his view. I do understand that they feel very protective of me and the kids. So to make things worse the friends of the surfer dude came up to back him up, but they did look intimidated by Connor, Mike and Alex but were determent not to show it.

Sensing a fight coming on, I intervened coming up with a plan on the spot. Putting a hand on Connor’s chest, “Why don’t you have a surf contest? I don’t want you to fight or do something else stupid.” Turning to the surfer dude “Do you agree to this? If you do and lose you will leave me alone, and if you win I’ll…” I didn’t get the chance to finish, “Spend your remaining time with me and my friends.” Not acutely what I had in mind, but it will do, “Right, seeing as it is one o’clock I will spend time with you until ten tonight, that is IF you win fair and square.” I huffed, glaring at the surfer dude. Smiling he extended a hand towards Connor; “May the best man win.” Connor accepted and squeezed a bit hard seeing his reaction at the shake. Massaging his head he looked at me, “My name is Caleb, you better remember it.” he winked and walked off.