Chapter 8

Connor’s P.O.V

Father? We need to talk do you have some time? What’s it about son, I’m in the middle of a meeting with the pack elders about what to do with the kids from the wasteland junkyard. Oh well maybe you can throw this one in; Genesis McFarlow wants to join our pack. Ahh yes I remember the McFarlow’s; I will see what I can do. Thanks Dad, that’s all I ask. After that I turned to the kitchen, I was still hungry, and I’m sure Genesis could use something to eat too, seeing as she came in this morning looking worse for wear.  After I threw together some sandwiches and drinks I walked back to the library, where I heard some light laughter; sounds like Farrell, so he lifted her spirits somewhat. That’s good, I like seeing my people happy.

I smile as I walk in, handing Kate the platter with the foods and drinks, which she and Farrell happily dug into. I looked at Genesis; “Are you okay? Do you want to stay here for a while? My dad is going to process your application today with the elders.”  He eyes widened behind her glasses, bowed her head and whispered “Thank you very much, I just didn’t know where else to turn to, and my family doesn’t want me.”  I put my arm around her “Please look at me Genesis, there is nothing wrong with you and it’s your family’s loss.” She finally looked up at me at the end of the sentence, tears gathering in her eyes and sobs into my chest.

Others came in hearing her cry, Farrell hugged her from the other side; making her cry even harder. Even Mike came close to show his support, and of course Kate and Alex and even Jarred. Nobody liked to see a person cry their eyes out at not being wanted, it made our wolves nervous. We are pack animals and we take care of each other, whether they are family or not.

So after a while her sobs became quiet hiccups and finally stopped, she looked up and saw everybody’s worried faces, “Sorry I didn’t mean to freak out like that but it just came crashing down on me that it is final now.” She was still wiping tears from her face and her eyes were a bit puffy, Kate suggested to go to the bathroom to freshen up, before meeting the Alpha.

When they walked out, I flopped on the couch and Farrel snuggled up to me. I graoned when there was a hesitant knock on the door. "Yes?" and Kelley and Natasha walked in looking nervious, which is a first. Kelley looked at Natasha who nodded, Kelley took a deep breath "We would like to talk to you Alpha and to Farrell too."  My god today is the day for confessions or what? Farrell snickered Let's just hear what they have to say, they really look like they need to get whatever it is of their chests.

I groaned again but nodded at them, and they sat down across from us and started their tale; they discovered Missy was acting different a few weeks before Farrell was kidnapped, but they couldn’t put their finger on it. The reason they didn’t come to me directly to me about this was that they owed it to her to give her the benefit of the doubt, since they were friends ever since sixth grade. After that they apologised to Farrell for not acting quicker.

Farrell just smiled at them, he didn’t blame them at all he was happy that they confessed, and he asked them if they might want to look after Genesis, she could really need some more female attention right now. Their faces lit up; they really looked forward to righting their mistake by doing his bidding. Are you sure this is okay? I mean they knew something was wrong with Missy. He looked at me I know, but if I were in their shoes I would have done the same, because I don’t want to be accused of being a bad friend. Besides they don’t seems so bad, they just need to detox from Missy’s brainwashing. This is also a great opportunity for them to show what they are really made of, without Missy bossing them around.