Chapter 12

Connor’s P.O.V

I could hear faint murmurings around me, people walking in and out of the… room? I don’t know, the last thing I remember is that the reality set in that I am going to be a father. Groaning I blinked a few times and sat up. I was on a big bed; it didn’t smell like my own bed or even my room. As I looked around I saw nothing of the stuff I had in my room at the pack house, everything in it was wrong. Wrong colours wrong furniture, and definitely wrong bed covers. Taking in all the other details I noticed a door from where the faint murmuring came from… “Do you think he took it well?”  That was Kate, but who is she talking to?

“I don’t know, Farrell said he was fine in the beginning and then just collapsed.” Huh that was Genesis. Then there were some rummaging sounds, a tap opened, closed. “I guess he never expected Farrell to be pregnant huh? I guess not.” The door opened and Kate dropped the wet towel she was holding “Connor your awake!” she turned to Genesis behind her “Go tell Farrell he’s awake!” to which Genesis nodded and ran out of the room.

I cleared my throat “Where am I? And where is Farrell?” Kate shuffled with her feet, something she only did when she was very nervous. “You are in your new house Connor. Your father thought it would be smarter for you and Farrell to have a place of your own seeing as you are expanding. Because Doctor Carter said it was better for Farrell to be away from all the excitement and drama from the Pack house until your child is born, afterwards you can go back.”

Before I could answer Farrell waddled into the room, yeah he waddled because his stomach was so round and big he couldn’t see his own feet. “Connor! Thank goodness you’re awake! Don’t scare me like that again you hear!” I smiled apologetic at him “I will try my best not to upset you anymore okay?” he huffed at me, but came over and hugged me. Well, hugging isn’t the right word, seeing as his stomach was in the way, he still tried to wrap his arms around me. I appreciated the effort.

“I made you something to eat, if you want it.” Farrell said, and as if on cue Genesis came in holding a tray with some soup, bread and a cup of coffee. I raised an eyebrow at that, “Mom wouldn’t let me do anything more, saying I should rest instead of standing on my feet all day.” He huffed, “Damn woman forgets that I am not a girl!” he pouted. I grinned “You’re a pregnant boy, and thank you for the meal.” I kissed him to shut him up as well. He climbed on the bed snuggling into me, but seeing that his stomach was in the way he settled for sitting side ways in my lap. Giving me enough room to eat and hold him as well.

“How long have I been out for anyway?” I asked nobody in particular. “You have been out for a day; I have to say I never thought I could spook you that bad.” Farrell said, “I always thought nothing in the world would get you down.” I blinked, is that how he saw me? Invincible? That would be cool if it was true. “But I am glad I did, it just shows that even the great Alpha can freak out enough to be human.” He said with a smile.

I just snorted, looking angrily at Kate who was trying to hold back her laughter, seeing as she was snorting. Even Genesis cracked a smile at me. Seeing that Farrell nearly dosed off on my lap, Kate and Genesis decided it was time to leave. “Doctor Carter will be here in a while Connor, to talk to you and Farrell about the baby’s health. “Kate said before quietly closing the door behind them.

Having finished the soup and the bread I carefully set the tray on the nightstand, shifted Farrell carefully so that he was lying on the bed, lay down next to him for a short but welcome nap. Or so I thought, I couldn't sleep, so I settled for watching Farrell as he was sleeping, he looked so peaceful like this. It made me smile; he was precious, to me and my family but to the rest of the pack as well.