Chapter 2

Conner's P.O.V

When Monday came around you could say I was in a bad mood, and that was just putting it lightly. First off, the announcement my dad made disrupted my plan to follow the white wolf, and if that wasn't enough mother nature decided to help spoil my plan by having it rain throughout the night. So that mouth-watering scent was gone before I could try and find it again.

'GOD! Life was unfair sometimes!'

'Relax, we will find him again don't worry.' My wolf said to me.

'Him? So it's a boy?'

'Yes, before you say anything he fits us perfectly, he has what we lack and we have what he lacks. So together we make one whole.'

'And what does my mate lack then?'

'Our mate lacks pride; our mate thinks he is not worthy of us.' At this my wolf whimpered a bit.

'How can our mate think such a thing? Unless he is one of those potheads at school, then he can kiss his chance goodbye! I will not mate with someone like that. I'd rather die.'

'NO!' My wolf screamed at me, 'He isn't like that; he just needs to come out of his shell.'

At school I found Mike grumbling about stupid queers, and people should watch where they are going. I shrugged, Mike is always like that; he doesn't like it when people walk into him, he has a very short temper, I really hoped that he would have found his mate by now. His mate should make him mellower.

That was a good thing for everybody else. Then the bell rang signalling that classes were starting and we had to get going, unless we want to be late, and that was not an option with Mr Clark our history teacher, he always found creative ways of making fun of you about the fact that you were late.

*Time Skip*

It wasn't until football practise that I caught that incredible scent again, which made my wolf howl with pleasure.

'He should be close!'

And I finally get to know who it is; everybody around me was driving me crazy with all their suggestions about who it could be. Most flipped when I told them it was a boy, usually people like me - meaning children of Alpha or Beta couples - rarely get same gender couples.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it's just really uncommon. The last same gender couple from Alpha rank was more than a decade ago. Even my dad said so; because of this I can kiss my chance of having my own offspring goodbye.

I shook my head again; I was getting depressed all over again. That wasn't a good sign. So instead of that I focused on the fact that I could let all of my frustration go at practice, that was until I got a whiff of that scent again as Carmichael ran by doing his ten rounds around the pitch. At least I think that's what his name is.

Yep that's him alright, my wolf is acting like he's on crack right now and I'm on the other damn side of the field. I'm not sure if I want to find out how he is when we close, but I don't have an option seeing as I'm already making my way over to him. Up close he smells even more divine; I'm officially hard right now and I haven't even spoken to him, god only knows what will happen then.

Of course I just had to touch him; the touch sent small little tingles all over my body, and seeing as he shivers too he also felt it. If it weren't for all these people around I would've shoved him into the wall and kissed him senseless, maybe even more than that. But seeing as that is not the case, I have to satisfy myself with a touch and a good sniff of his scent: "Don't think you can get away from me Farrell."

Saying his name like that felt good, even natural. I had to force myself to let go of his arm and turn around to join the others at practice. His little shiver didn't go unnoticed either; he obvious liked me saying his name like that.

During practice I was out of my game; my head was filled with Farrell, and because of this coach decided to cut practice short, thank god. I rushed to the showers, got dressed and was nearly in my car by the time the rest of the team got to the locker room. Alex ran after me; I promised him a ride back to the house.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked him when he was within hearing distance.

"Yep let's roll, so you can get your hands on your mate." Alex snickered at me. It was obvious that I got hard just thinking about him, DAMN IT! I knew I had more self-restrain that this!

*Time Skip*

I arrived at home only to find my girlfriend Missy (and yes, that is her real name) waiting for me in my room. Her friends also happened to be messing around on my back porch but I'll deal with them later. Which reminded me, I had to break up with her now that I had Farrell. But knowing her it was not going to go as smoothly as I might hope. "You're back!" She cheered and got up to kiss me but I moved my head so she only ended up pecking my cheek.

She pouted at this to try and seem adorable but it wasn't working, "What's wrong?" Luckily I was saved from having to answer her question and from the inevitable break up moment by my father's mind linked message.

'Son, I heard you nearly crashed into a tree on your way home; you're usually a good driver, so please explain to me how this is possible.' My father Alpha and Major Tom Lawson linked to me.

I ignored Missy's annoyed expression and walking to the kitchen to grab some grub, I was starving.

'I was thinking about my mate on the way home, I finally found out who it is and got a bit too carried away with my thoughts.'

'So tell me who the lucky girl is?'

'That's the thing it's a boy, but his wolf is incredible; a pristine white six foot high wolf.'

'It's a white wolf? Are you sure?'

'Yes why do you ask?'

'Well it's just there was a clan of pristine white wolves but they were murdered way before you or I was even born. But still I would like to meet him and I'm sure your mother would be delighted too.'

'I'll try and see if I can get him to actually talk to me before running away from me.' I replied with a slight grimace.

'Do that and I will see you soon son!'

My dad cut the link, and I zoned back in just in time to catch the last few words of Missy's one-sided ranting; " ... So you understand right? I really need those new Mumu shoes to go with my prom dress." What the hell is she talking about? Prom isn't for ages and as far as I know the only thing I am meant to be doing is go with her, which isn't happening as there has been a change of plans.

"Then buy them yourself, I'm not paying for your shit, besides we are not going to the prom together, I found some else to take." She stared at me with her mouth gaping in shock.

"Oh yeah, and we are over, I found someone better than you to date. So please remove yourself and your friends from my property." I say holding open the backdoor, seeing as she wasn't moving I gently shoved her out the door and onto the porch together with her little friends.

And I slammed the backdoor in her face. Damn that felt good, I thought to quietly to myself as I was about to leave the kitchen I passed a window and saw they were still standing dumb founded on my porch.

'HAHAH, MY GOD LOOK AT HER FACE!! IT'S HILARIOUS!' Alex linked to me.

'I don't think that was necessary.' Mike grumbled into the link I shared with Alex; he was one of the few in our pack who gingerly liked her.