Three

"Oh, well, that's very sweet of you." Bliss's smile stunned him.

She ran her fingers through her beautiful curls and sipped her hot chocolate.

And he watched it all.

He didn't feel strange for being so taken by her. She was like a diamond; her sparkle captivated him.

"I-i think talking about it would help, do you think?" She asked him as her smile fell slightly.

Connor sighed at the internal battle she was facing.

Getting used to the initial shock would take her a few days. Smiles would come and go as she recalled the night.

"If you want to, of course." He was amazed. "The grace of God is covering you. People usually avoid the topic of loss, but I've yet to meet someone who can rest in the strength of God as you do."

She was amazing.

Bliss smiled once again. It was beautiful.

Connor felt like a lovesick boy.

She covered her mouth as she blushed.

'How is she this perfect?'

"If you keep saying such sweet things, I won't be able to be sad," Bliss admitted with a gentle smile.

She had perfect teeth.

"I'm a dancer, it's been my whole life for years now. I think that's why it hit so hard to see my studio in flames. It's like a piece of me is gone, you know?" She asked with her lovely eyes narrowed.

He nodded and leaned in to give his undivided attention.

"I don't know," She huffed. "I-i don't know what else to say. I've got scattered thoughts, and I want to talk about it, but I can't seem to pinpoint one thought." She closed her eyes and tapped her nails on the table.

She was going through the motions.

"Could you maybe ask questions? I feel stupid right now, I can normally talk someone's ears off, I know I still can, but I just need help." She asked sheepishly.

Connor raised his brow at the word stupid.

It didn't mesh well with the perfection before him.

"You're not stupid, Bliss. You're not even twenty-four hours out from a traumatizing fire. Don't call yourself names for being affected." He insisted.

The last thing he wanted was to hear degradation leave her lips.

Bliss nodded and took a deep breath. "Okay, thank you. I-i'm sorry, I feel like I should be doing better already. But you're right. This is still new to me,"

Once it was settled, he thought of some questions.

"So why become a dancer? Why open your own studio?" He was intrigued by her likening her studio to a church.

There had to be a story behind it.

He was correct.

Her eyes scanned the room timidly, and she bit her lip.

His heart dropped at her composure. He was indeed hopelessly stricken with admiration for the woman.

"You don't have to tell me. I see it may not be a pleasant story to recall, and I'm sorry for asking." He said sincerely.

The last thing he wanted to do was upset her.

Bliss shook her head and placed her hand on his own. "No, it's alright. Sometimes, I keep from telling the real reason, some people can't stomach the truth. But I don't like to lie for the sake of coddling people," She admitted lightly and moved her hand, leaving him cold.