Seventeen

November 18, 2023.

The date was set in stone.

Planning was seamless, and Bliss was an easy-to-please bride.

Katrina warned her not to take on a new persona, as many brides had. Bliss as a Bridezilla wouldn't have sat well with anyone, especially her.

Connor was grateful for her agreeable ways. He was counting down the days before he could officially call Bliss his.

Mrs. Bliss Jefferies.

After the dinner, the Jefferies and Katrina spent the rest of the week together to help Bliss and Connor quickly get the plans and invitations together.

Thankfully, Danita knew of a venue that worked well with last-minute weddings.

After taking a tour of the barn venue they booked it, as Bliss fell in love and Connor liked it because it made her happy.

He was willing to do anything Bliss wanted. He slightly felt like he robbed her of her dream wedding by settling on a date in November.

However, Bliss objected his silly thought.

She had no plans for a wedding before meeting Connor, and even then, she only knew that she wanted to have a simple wedding.

Stress-free.

It eased Connor's guilt, but he was still seeking to do anything to please his future Mrs. Jefferies.

He had the perfect thing in mind.

Another God-given idea.

It wouldn't be done in time for their wedding, but it would be a Christmas gift instead.

A gift Bliss would cherish. She'd be giggly, grateful, and gorgeous.

Her joy would only fuel him to seek the Lord for more ways to please her.

Pleasing Bliss was his mission for the rest of his days.

He took out his phone and sent a message to Katrina.

Connor: Hi, ma'am. I'd like to talk to you about something I'd like to do for Bliss. If you're not busy now, we can talk.

He knew that Katrina wasn't planning with Bliss.

Bliss made plans to meet her friends for lunch and tell them about the wedding.

It made him happy to know Bliss was reconnecting with her friends. He never thought to ask about friends, but she told him yesterday that she hadn't spoken to any of them since the fire, since her friends were also students at her studio.

She was a little nervous about seeing them again, but Connor encouraged her by reminding her that they would be compassionate. She was still overcoming trauma and couldn't jump into things that reminded her of the studio.

"I love that sweet little lady," He sighed, wishing for November 18 to be tomorrow.

His phone buzzed with a message from Katrina.

Mrs. Harrison: Lieutenant Handsome, you're even well-mannered in a text message! Points for you, son.

Mrs. Harrison: I'm calling now,

The screen lit up with her name.

"Hi, Mrs. Harrison. I pray this afternoon is going well for you,"

Katrina hummed. "I swear, Bliss is marrying a Saint." She laughed lightly. "It is, Connor. I would say the same, but from your tone, I believe it is." She noted.