Twenty-Six

They were celebrating.

Bliss was pregnant.

It'd only been two days since they found out and neither of them had come down from their high.

They would be a little family in eight months.

Connor pressed kisses up and down Bliss's hand as she mused about something entrancing.

"And there you were. Handsome, perfect, and real," She said softly, relishing in the undivided attention of her lovebug husband. "And now, here we are," She giggled as he kissed her palm.

Oh, she adored him and his endless affection.

"Do you love me?"

He continued his gentle kisses and kissed her perfectly crafted jaw.

Bliss shook her head teasingly. "Why, no. I just married and adore you for fun and laughs,"

She ran her fingers through his fluffy golden hair and grinned. "You are a silly man, Connor Jefferies,"

He kissed her cheek and pinched it softly, making her blush.

"You do love me." He murmured and kissed her temple. "I love you. I love everything you are, my sweet," His heart was for her.

He loved the way her lips curved into the most breathtaking smile. The way she let him kiss her.

"Your laughter is a song," He told her, entirely mesmerized. "I can't get over the fact that you, my adorable and enchanting little wife, are pregnant," He groaned in gladness.

His heart was overwhelmed.

God spared no good things when He blessed Connor with Bliss.

"Are you happy with the way things are going?" He asked and kissed her ear.

Everything about her was worthy to be kissed and praised.

She nodded, simply loving his love.

"I am. I have my sweet giant, a teeny little baby growing inside of me, and I'm grateful for everything God has done." She stroked his cheek and his lips turned up at her gentle touch.

He pulled her to his chest and lifted her chin. "This sweet giant wants to dance with his divine darling under the moonlight. Maybe even have a few of them moonlight kisses we had before," His hazel eyes danced with delight as he took her in.

She would do anything he asked.

It was simple.

"Yeah?" She murmured as her heart stuttered for her love.

Though they were close, there was always a longing for more.

They purely loved each other.

"Yeah," He leaned forward and pressed a chaste kiss on her lips.

Her lips.

"Your lips, my bride, drip honey. Honey and milk are under your tongue, and the fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon," He whispered in praise, the words of Solomon to his bride.

Those words took Bliss back the to day Connor brought her to his house.

Her brows narrowed as she smiled in wonder.

"You said that, I remember," She took his hand and kissed it. "You didn't say it all, I'm glad you didn't." She said strongly, making Connor hum. "We were here, you were holding me, I was in love, eager to do whatever you asked, whatever might've come up," She admitted, now a little embarrassed.