Twenty-Five

They were refreshed and wholly in love.

One could see the love between the pair.

It was magnetic in a sense.

As they sat across from each other at the table, Katrina, Danita, and Chuck found themselves captured by their sweet love.

Not a word was spoken between the pair as they mingled with their parents, but as their eyes locked nothing was louder.

"-two or three for now. What do you think, Bliss?"

Katrina's words went in one ear and out the other.

Bliss was admiring her husband.

His golden locks were mesmerizing. His smile was mesmerizing. His mannerisms were mesmerizing. His voice was mesmerizing.

"He's perfect," She whispered with her head resting on her palm.

Danita giggled and elbowed Chuck. "Young love, how romantic," She sighed.

"It's sweet, but she's stuck on him like caramel in a cavity," Katrina noted, slightly moved by the adoration her daughter showed for her husband.

It truly blessed her to know that Bliss was happy in her marriage. Connor loved her well and she adored him.

They were a special pair.

"He's no different," Chuck nodded towards Connor, who was smiling at Bliss. "It's a good thing. I know too many unhappy newlyweds."

The parents nodded in agreement.

Chuck stood up from the table and patted Connor's shoulder. "Let's go outside and talk, son." He had a few things he wanted to share.

His pride for his son grew more and more as the years went by.

Now, seeing him as a husband, and he prayerfully, a father soon, he couldn't have been more proud of the man he was.

Connor hummed and took Bliss's hand. "Soon, sunshine." He kissed it and left with his father, leaving the ladies swooning.

Once they settled on the porch swing, Chuck shook his head.

Connor raised his brow. "Is everything alright, Dad?"

Chuck nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I just can't believe I have a son. It doesn't seem real after all these years," He confessed. "And now you're our married son. You're making Bliss happy and taking good care of her. And she's making you happy, fulfilling the prayers we prayed,"

Chuck Jefferies didn't consider himself an emotional man.

That was before Connor came into their lives and became their son.

Connor didn't answer. He knew his father had a lot on his mind.

"When I married your mother, we went into it knowing that there was a bigger possibility of us not having a child than us having one. Still, we tried. And after five years of nothing, we took to fostering. It was a blessing to love on those kids, young and old. We had hopes to adopt them, but they would return to their parents or get adopted. It wasn't easy, I tell you that."

This was the first time Connor was hearing this story.

His parents rarely spoke of their time as fosters before him. He knew it wasn't because of bad memories, and he was glad to be hearing it now.

It brought him closer to them and he appreciated them more.

"We were fosters for fifteen years before your social worker asked us to take you in." Chuck's eyes lit up.