Twenty-Three

Connor was at work.

Bliss was home.

Just as he promised, the extra bedroom was cleared out and he even ordered three mirrors for the walls.

It was amazing.

He was phenomenal.

And it seemed like he never stopped doing for her.

This morning, at two in the morning, Bliss woke up hot and thirsty.

Connor, who had to leave for work in three hours, jumped up and took care of her.

She only mentioned being hot and thirsty. She didn't ask for a thing.

He was phenomenal.

However, as she sat in her dance room, she felt the need to do something for him.

Since proposing, and confronting the former Chief the following day, Connor had been working nonstop. Whether it be at the department, or on their wedding plans, he was available and eager to help.

She knew he wasn't overdoing it. Thankfully, Connor knew when to sit down and rest.

But now that everything had died down, she wanted to surprise him. She wanted to swoon him.

"No, not swoon, but make him want to kiss me," Bliss murmured and blushed. "His kisses are magnificent,"

She was the swooner, he was the kisser.

They fit together.

She wasn't sure what to do with him.

"Lord, I'm gonna need Your help." She hummed while tapping her head. "He doesn't talk much about himself, which is gonna have to change," She noted. "He loves the mountains, Dominican and Thai food, intimacy, and God,"

Now that she thought of it, the only times he spoke about himself was when it was something traumatic. She wanted to know everything about him and it wasn't too late to learn.

Suddenly, a God-idea came to her.

"That's perfect!" She cheered, making Lottie and Danny leave their posts on the couch and come to her. "Ooh, you guys are right. I'll need to find a place for you two to stay," She rubbed their heads. "I'm taking your daddy on a well-deserved trip to the Smoky Mountains. Do you think he'll like it?"

Danny licked her hand and Lottie barked.

Bliss smiled at the adorable, yet huge dogs. "You know, I think my mom would love to have some company this weekend." She kissed their heads and pulled out her phone.

She wanted a cozy cabin to spend the weekend doting on Connor and cooking his favorite meals.

He was a sight man.

She had to find a cabin that overlooked the mountains and hopefully a waterfall in the distance.

"Maybe we could go fishing, he's got a few poles in his trunk," She murmured excitedly.

She understood how Connor felt getting to plan surprises for her. She was excited to see his face when they arrived to wherever they were going.

"You gave me the idea, now I'll need Your help finding a place to stay." She said to the Lord, knowing that He would surely provide.

It was December now and the weather had changed from brisk to freezing over the last few days.

To surely surprise him, she was going to pack his bag, and they'd leave when he got home.

She looked at the clock and bit her lip.

It was almost two in the afternoon.

Connor would be home at three.