Twenty-Two

Instead of spending the whole week in Mykonos, the lovers decided to visit Corfu for the last two days.

It was magnificent.

This morning, they took a tour of the town. Now they were relaxing on the small boat Connor surprised Bliss with.

He couldn't get enough of the happiness she radiated when he surprised her.

"I wonder how the natives feel living on this perfect island," Bliss murmured as Connor massaged her temples.

She had a slight headache from the turbulence they experienced on the flight from Mykonos.

Connor, being the blessing that he is, doted on her to ease her pain.

"Do you think we'll get tired of loving each other afterwhile?" She asked a few minutes later.

She didn't think she could, but anything could happen.

Connor shook his head. "Definitely not. I've lived in the mountains for twelve years now and I'm still amazed at the views and God's handiwork." He caressed her cheek lovingly. "And you, my lovely wife, are much more intricately made and beautiful than those mountains. Forever means forever," He insisted.

It wasn't possible to love Bliss any less.

Impossible.

Bliss hummed as he proceeded with the massage. "Forever." She whispered. "Forever with you. I don't even know what forever means, but I knew it was right when you said it the first time. It made sense to do forever with you. Ups and downs. Middles and highs. Slides and wides," She giggled lightly. "I love you, Connor. My bestie for the restie," She patted his perfect hand. "And I love your freckled hand. Whopper hand, love it,"

Connor chuckled at her Bliss-y verbiage. "Slides and wides," He loved her. "You're amazing, Bliss Jefferies. I'm glad I'll never have to call you Bliss Harrison. Mrs. Jefferies is your forever name," He beamed proudly.

Bliss never failed to make him smile—just the thought of her.

Now, there was no need to merely think of her.

He could love her and have her in the morning, and whisk her off to bed in the evening.

He'd wake up beside her and marvel at her perfection.

"There's no more separation, Bliss."

Bliss smiled and patted until she found his hairy cheek. "That's right, Captain Handsome. My favorite cuddle bug,"

"Your only cuddle bug." He corrected her lovingly. "How's your head feeling?" His concern warmed her heart.

She raised her brows to see.

Nothing.

"Better, thank you." She sat up and kissed him. "I love you." She rested her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her waist. "I can't wait to get home,"

"Bless the Lord for easing your headache," Connor gently squeezed her waist. "And I figure, whether we're here or there, my home is right beside you." Taking her hand, he professed. "You're all I need, Bliss Jefferies. Today, tomorrow, and forever."

Her heart took flight.

His love was always pure and pierced her heart in the gentlest way.

And under the Corfu sun, the lovers drifted deeper, calmer, and more fiercely into the depths of love.

-

They were home.

Hickory, to be specific.

Thanksgiving passed as they honeymooned, and now November was coming to an end.