Epilogue

Bliss sat on the porch swing.

Sitting, thinking, praising silently, and genuinely feeling calm.

She wasn't afraid of never teaching again, or losing David.

She was peaceful.

It was late, really late, but she finally understood why God told her to let go.

In letting go of the studio, she gained a husband, who turned out to be her best friend, two wonderful in-laws, two precious dogs, a darling three-year-old boy, and a sweet baby whom she nurtured now.

There was nothing she could do about the studio.

It was overwhelming and traumatizing to think of. One day, she would be able to remember the night of the fire and not feel horrified, one day.

She still didn't understand why the studio had to go down in flames, but she was grateful.

"I am grateful," She whispered and watched as her words drifted away with the wind.

Everything showed itself to be fleeting over the years, but love remained.

Words whispered in a vow, curses spoken in the heat of anger, defeat uttered in a moment of sadness all disappeared with time.

Love remained.

She was grateful for the love she knew now.

It ran deeper than before. She was blessed.

Once, seen as a cursed girl for her differences, Bliss was blessed.

Some things didn't work out. Some things ended in a blazing fire. Some things dwindled with time.

Some dreams, once realized, turned out to be merely a dream.

Love remained.

Moments of depression came and went as her dreams failed to come true. Her heart was broken more times than she dared to recall. Disappointments seemed to chase her down at one point.

Though, as she looked back, finally able to face those memories, she only saw the hand of God.

Things could've been worse, things could've worked and she would've ended up somewhere God didn't intend for her.

Love, God Himself, remained.

A crisp breeze swept past her shoulders and she smiled without a hitch.

"I'll never be able to forget You, forget us," She vowed to her first love and Lord.

It was impossible.

They'd been through it all together.

He was there as she sobbed when her father passed away. He was there when the dance instructors mistreated her for being black. He was there when she became the white swan. He was there when she realized just how perfect Connor was.

Love remained.

"I have a simple, yet strong prayer to ask of You,"

She imagined Him sitting beside her with the eyes of a dove, totally devoted to her, ever listening.

He was always with her.

"Let my heart never forget Your goodness. Let my heart never forget the land You've brought me from. How You opened my eyes, given me life, and now," She blinked away the tears that stung her eyes. "Now, I'm forever satisfied," She was in awe.

It wasn't Connor's doing.

It was the Lord's.

He only used Connor as a light, but the light wasn't brighter than the Sun.