Twenty-Four

"Sunshine," Connor sang in Bliss's ear, dragging out the e.

They were in the kitchen.

Bliss was trying to cook, which he was giving her a hard time with, and Connor was holding his wife.

"Connor," Bliss sang the same and flicked his hand with the spatula. "Now I see why my mom would kick me out of the kitchen," She said exasperatedly.

Connor only smiled and kissed her cheek. "I should hold you like this more often." He squeezed her waist, making her jump.

Holding her from behind was a hidden treasure he'd just discovered.

"You're doing the most, Golden!" She blew raspberries. "But I love you so," She wiggled her brows. "Am I doing it right?"

She was making a Thai dish.

Connor picked it out and he was supposed to be assisting her, only he wasn't.

He was happy.

Very very happy.

He rested his head on her shoulder, her lovely hair blinding him. "You're doing excellent, most beautiful one." He said, entirely entranced by her Bliss-ness. "I love you, Bliss. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine."

He turned off the burner and spun her into his chest. "You make me happy, Bliss. I didn't think happiness would be such a huge part of my life, and then you came," He murmured and kissed her intently.

His heart was in her hands and he never wanted it back.

Bliss pouted at his lovey-ness and honesty.

She was more than grateful to be a happy part of his life.

He deserved everything good and satisfying.

"You know," She soothingly massaged his scalp. "I would've never thought you'd experienced such a harsh life. Nothing about you shows it, my blessing,"

Connor hummed and pulled her closer to him. He despised distance from Bliss, especially when she was saying something that warmed his heart.

"We talked about it for like a second before, but I really can't wait to have a child with you. I can't put into words how much I admire and adore you, I know it'll only blossom seeing you as a father," She whispered, not wanting to ruin their tender moment.

Connor swept her in his arms and walked to the living room, where he held his wife on his lap.

His cozy and precious wife.

He nuzzled her neck, loving the warmth she gave him inside and out.

"Yeah? I love hearing you talk about me," He admitted as she stroked his cheek.

They were both in a lovey touchy mood.

It was right.

"This weekend is all about you, handsome. I'll talk about you every second," Bliss promised and kissed his jaw. "If I could've imagined a life, it wouldn't have ever lived up to the one God chose for me. He chose you for me," She said in quiet awe. "I went to sleep after the worst day of my life, and woke up to the start of the greatest days,"

It confuseled Bliss.

Confuseled.

She fused two words and it made sense.

"You mentioned times before how grateful you were for me, and how you didn't understand how God did this for you," She shook her head while staring deeply into his hazel lovey eyes.

So tender.

She loved the way he watched her.

"I feel the same. You prayed for something like this. I didn't even think to pray. Yet, God still chose us. You're amazingness, Connor. Your endurance, honesty, and love for God and others amazes me. I wish you knew how much I love you,"