Six

"This reminds me of one of my favorite movies," Bliss sighed as flutters overwhelmed her being. Not that she minded.

Connor hummed and squeezed her hand softly. "Do I have to guess?" He teased as they walked around the lake.

Bliss laughed and shook her head. "No, definitely not. You wouldn't guess correctly," She winked. "While You Were Sleeping. Jack walks Lucy home, and they walk by the riverside,"

"Oh, I'm glad to make a movie scene come to life for you."

He would do anything for her.

It wasn't too soon.

It made sense.

He had to remind himself of those truths.

God did this, and if he followed God's leading, things would work this way.

"You've done more than that," Bliss whispered as she reflected on their night.

Connor showed himself as everything and more.

How?

She wasn't quite sure.

A man like him didn't exist, but here he was.

He was steady, kind, polite, handsome, perfect, and in love with God.

He was surely a friend of God.

"What do we now?"

Connor lifted her hand and twirled her, evoking the sweetest laughter he'd ever been blessed to hear.

Her smile.

Her smile.

"First, I admit that you're the most captivating woman to exist." He meant it.

No overthinking.

It was the first thing on his mind.

Bliss smiled bashfully.

He knew how to swoon her.

"Second, I continue my relentless pursuit of your heart. I only ask that you're honest about how you feel and don't quiet your emotions for the sake of looking the part. Is that okay?"

His priority was to keep her peaceful and aware of his devotion.

He wasn't real.

Bliss was sure about it.

But he was!

"O-of course," She stammered as the flutters vamped up.

"Third, I want you to know that I meant forever. It's not a word to manipulate you into doing things, it's the truth. I won't ask you to compromise your virtue for my sake. Honoring and glorifying God with our relationship is the goal,"

This was his heart.

"I want you to be comfortable and to know everything upfront. No surprises down the road. Just transparency."

Bliss nodded; she was speechless.

Among many relational horror stories, this was a God-ordained story.

Connor was actually amazing.

"And finally, I'll keep wooing you. Spending time with you is like sitting with a unicorn or something majestic. So expect to see this face a lot," He paused and looked at her with the sweetest stare.

Her heart melted.

"You are so absolutely sweet!"

What more could she say?

Connor wiggled his brows and twirled the beautiful ballerina. "Says you,"

Her dress flew in the wind as she laughed.