Chapter Eleven

We walk down the path that had candles lighting the way, the emotionless vampires looking at us like we are way out of bounds, or just a tasty snack. It was getting a little bit creepy to be blatantly honest.

Yuki nervously looked at all of the hungry vampires, snapping back into reality when she herd Akatsuki speak to us, "This way..."

We followed as instructed, not wanting to fall behind for a second. I held onto Yuki's hand for comfort. We suddenly stopped, Yuki and I peaked around the ginger vampire's shoulders curiously. Yuki looked nervous, I smiled.

"Yuki, Zero and Oribia! Make yourselves at home! I'm throwing a little party tonight for my birthday, please enjoy yourselves!" Takuma beamed. But Yuki just had to be professional about the true intentions of our visit, ruining the awesome party mood I was building up a little bit.

"Actually, we came here on business. I want to know more about what happened today." I scoffed loudly at her statement, running over to Takuma and jumping into his arms for a big hug. He was just so cuddly. I was seriously starting to think he invented the cuddle.

"I legitimately also came here for Takuma!" I smiled and ruffled his hair. I let go of him and kissed his cheek before resuming my place by my sister. I could tell I made Takuma very happy.

"I want to know why you thought it was ok to destroy that Level E." I deadpanned at that. That's my sister, lady's and gentleman. "I mean, it was a vampire just like you are!" I just stared at her with a questioning look. Didn't she know how murderous, unforgiving, and sociopathic Level E vampires are?

I took some Pocky out of my pocket as I waited for this conversation to escalate. Dramatically so.

'Can't have a party without Pocky' I concluded to myself.

"Actually," Aido started, walking to the buffet table, "We're not like them at all."

"Yuki, you must understand the society of vampires is ruled entirely by a few Purebloods, and only a handful of aristocrats," Takuma explains to Yuki whilst he makes his way over to us with three drinks. "Everyone in the Night Class is at least an aristocrat, or higher," He stops and hands us the drinks. "Below us are the average vampires; in the ranks below them are the vampires that were once humans"

"And then there are those vampires that don't even make the rankings, and those are known as Level E's."

"Due to a number of reasons: vampires who began their lives as humans will slowly lose their sanity, falling into Level E." My mind flashes back to the events of today. "The E standing for 'The End'; complete degeneration and destruction." I stopped listening after a while, I already knew this stuff, and I was starting to get scared remembering what happened today. My mind just kinda wondered off.

I was snapped back when I herd a familiar voice. "They were following my orders. I told Takuma and Senri to hunt down the Level E today." I look over to Kaname and smile a little.

"Huh? It was you, Kaname?" I rolled my eyes at my slow little sister.

"No, Yuki, it was Santa Claus." I said sarcastically, giggling a bit at my own humor.

"Yuki, Oribia... I'm surprised you'd both came here—to such a dangerous place, simply because Takuma asked you to." I shrugged. He should start expecting my obvious deviation.

"We just, simply, live on the edge." I smirked, and Kaname looked at me unamused. My confidence faltered a bit under his overly-protective gaze.

"I can see that." he said defiantly unamused by my reply. I averted my eyes shamefully, moving closer to hold Yuki's arm, hiding behind her a bit.