Eleme Hope! (Chapter 14)

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or High School DxD in the matter.

Speech Rules:

"Talking": Human speech

"Talking": Human Thought

[Talking]: Name of Spell

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 14: Eleme Hope!

Kakashi Hatake was the current holder of the title of the strongest Jonin in Konoha. Not many people can compete with him on that title besides his rival Might Guy whom you'd never hear him admit it out loud since Guy would have never let him live it down.

Nonetheless, his own strength was something many had expected since he was the son of Sakumo Hatake who many had claimed was on par with the Legendary Sannin, a feat not many but few had achieved in their lifetime. He had proven himself when he had graduated into a Gennin at a young age and a year after he became a Chunin and a year later he was a Jonin of Konoha.

He was proud of what he had achieved on his own after his own father who abandoned the mission and disgraced for it had committed suicide leaving him behind as an orphan.

He was proud to have been made the student of Minato Namikaze, a man who would later become the Yondaime Hokage of the Leaf earning the title of the Leaf Yellow Flash due to being the fastest Shinobi to ever walk the planet.

For all his strength and reputation, Kakashi was a broken man with a lot of emotional baggage that had been piling up over the years. He was born in times where the Shinobi World War was still going on.

He watched as Obito Uchiha got crushed by a rock with his only remaining legacy being his gift to him in the form of the Sharingan eyes that give him the moniker of 'Kakashi of the Sharingan' and many other monikers that he wasn't going to delve into.

He watched as Rin Nohara was used as the Three Tail Jinchūriki and jumped in front of his Chidori, getting impaled by him and dying by his own hands. He had failed Obito whom he promised to protect Rin with his life. Every time he closed his eyes, he was tormented with the images of Rin being impaled by him.

What is the point of strength if you can't even protect the ones you love and care about? He may have been a prodigy and a genius but he was a failure and a weakling.

Kakashi often thought back about what would have happened if he had died instead of Obito, how different things would have been. He had imagined Rin wouldn't have died as she did since Obito would have managed to save her.

Minato and Kushina wouldn't have died during the Nine Tails attack and that meant that Naruto wouldn't have to live decades of his life being tormented by the populace of Konoha. Sasuke would have probably looked at Obito as a better role model then a failure like him who only knew how to screw up.

At the end, Obito would have finally achieved his dream of becoming the Godaime Hokage and probably managed to gain the courage to confess to Rin who'd finally acknowledge him since he is going to be out of the picture which meant that Rin would move on from her crush on him.

Now, Kakashi Hatake, a once proud Jonin of team 7 looked at the memorial stone as he traced his fingers on the familiar names of his teammates and his sensei along with his wife. His finger stopped at a new name that was added three years ago.

Naruto Uzumaki

"That that that that! I like thaaat! I've decided now to get my name engraved there, too! A Hero! A Hero! I'm not going to die like a dog!" Said Naruto with a big wide smile while tied on the wooden stump.