Kaito/Kite x Reader

"Show yourself!" You took an exaggerated step forward, stepping out from the shadows, in front of the many people, including Yuma and Kaito.

"Take your hat off!" You smiled underneath your white mask that had a large red 'H' imprinted on it with a large green heart surrounding it. You lifted your glove covered hand and gripped the brim of your white fedora. You pulled it up, letting your dark long green hair fall down your back and light green bangs fall in front of your mask.

"Take the mask off!" You gripped the bottom of your mask, pulling it off, revealing your smiling face. Kaito's eyes widened and he froze. Your smile stayed and you leaned against your silver cane. Yuma blinked at your strikingly familiar appearance.

"Mr. Heartland?" He questioned. Your eyes gleamed and you shook your head.

"No~ I'm (Name)~" You said, voice smooth and straight. Kaito's eye twitched and then they both narrowed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Why~ I'm hosting this Duel tournament~!" You sang, standing up and walking towards Yuma, swinging your cane. Your tall form stood high above him and slightly above Kaito as you stopped.

"My actual full name, that was given to me at birth, is (Name) Heartland~!" You ducked as Kaito swung at you, surprising the crowd and Yuma. He growled as you stood back up, brushing your bangs aside, still smiling. You leaned back, avoiding another swing, and stepped back. Yuma grabbed Kaito's wrist, preventing him from hitting you. You composed yourself and cleared your throat.

"Welcome to the Spring Dueling Tournament~!" You said, lifting both of your arms, grinning slightly. The crowd cheered as Kaito continued to glare at you. You smiled at him and turned towards the crowd.

"Remember~! My heart is burning for everyone~! Even if you're not in the Duel Festival~!" You said, making a heart with your hands above where your heart is. You heard Yuma struggle to hold Kaito back as the crowd cheered for the love you give them. You smiled and picked your hat and mask up from the ground, placing the hat on top of your head. You held the mask and waved while walking off the platform.

The doors sealed as you walked through them, glancing over your shoulder to see Kaito on the other side of the doors, still glaring at you. You smiled and turned a corner, leaving his sight.

~Timeskip~

You watched, with your legs and arms crossed, the Dueling begin with the same smile on your face. You closed your eyes and chuckled softly.

"Oh dear~ I just love watching Duels~" You said, leaning back slightly into your chair. You heard soft yelling and struggling outside your door until it went silent. You heard the glass door slide open and smiled wider. You heard the soft thud of boots making their way towards you, alerting you it was Kaito. Your chair was roughly spun around, causing your hair to sway slightly. You opened your eyes and looked up at the fuming Kaito. He slammed his hands on the arm rests on either side of you and glared down at you.

"Why are you here?!"

"I already told you~ I'm hosting this Duel Tournament~" You said, grinning. He growled and ripped your hat off, no longer shadowing your face slightly, and leaned down in front of your face.

"Tell me the real reason you're here! Is it to break my heart again?!" He yelled. Your eyes softened slightly and you sighed, grin turning into a frown.

"No. I didn't mean to break your heart in the first place. Father sent me to boarding school, I couldn't say no to him." You said, looking down and then looking back up, no longer smiling. Kaito's eyes narrowed again.

"Are you lying?"

"Honest. I cross my heart, I am not lying." You said, uncrossing your arms and making an 'X' across your heart. Kaito looked into your (eye colour) eyes and saw pure honesty instead of a white lie. His eyes finally softened and he looked down, biting his lip in embarrassment. You tilted his head up and locked eyes with him.

"I'm sorry, Kaito." You said, bumping your forehead with his. His eyes widened at the familiar affection. He slowly pulled back and looked down at you, face blank slightly. You smiled softly and laughed lightly when he pulled you into his arms. You wrapped your arms around him when he kneeled in front of the chair, hugging your waist. You pulled him closer and ran your fingers through his hair.

"I've missed you too, Kaito."

".....I love you." Came his muffled reply. You smiled and pulled back, tilting his head up. You leaned down and kissed his lips lightly.

((YES.

YES.

I FINISHED MY UPDATES!

*wails and flops on the floor like a sundrying fish*))