In sempiterna saecula

Mature content ahead.

When they're back home Nash gets a strange feeling and he has the urge to speak to his mother. He dials the number and it rings but no one picks up. He dials Hayes number next and that goes straight to voicemail. He grows more worried as the time passes by and no one answers their phones.

"Why are you worried, my love?" Cameron asks him as he takes him in his arms.

"I suddenly had a horrible feeling, I'm trying to get in contact with my family just to make sure everyone's okay but no one answers the call," Nash says and he feels the barely suppressed panic threatening to bubble up.

"Then let's go to North Carolina and find out for ourselves," Cameron murmurs and Nash nods immediately. Cameron makes arrangements for his private plane to be prepared and in a few minutes they're at the airport and ready to board. It still amazes Nash how fast he and Cameron can move, any distance that would be impossible for a human to do, they do it minutes.

They take off and the feeling in his heart gets progressively worse the closer they are to North Carolina. Cameron can feel what Nash can feel and he knows Nash isn't being dramatic, Cameron knows that something happened to a family member, Nash has the connection with his family. It's a trait that not ever vampire has and Cameron has only heard of it one other time.

They land in North Carolina and a black car is waiting for them. They head directly to the house, the houses lights are off and his parent's car is not in the driveway.

"The hospital," Nash instructs and driver heads towards the hospital. He's barely stopped at the front entrance when Nash gets out of the car and bolts to the doors. The horrible feeling is overwhelming now, Nash goes past the front desk and he somehow knows exactly where to go. Cameron follows closely behind him. Nash finds his family sitting in the family waiting room. Everyone except Hayes is there and Nash feels panic when he realizes that his younger brother is getting operated on.

"What's going on?" Nash asks and his parents turns to look at him, Skylynn sleeps peacefully on a couch. Elizabeth jumps up and rushes to her son who left so abruptly.

"Nash!" She exclaims and she hugs her son tightly, tears spring to her eyes as she tightens her hold on Nash. Nash wraps his arms around his mother and he kisses the top of her head. "Oh God, I've missed you so much."

"I'm sorry for the abrupt mature with which I left," Nash says softly and she pulls back from him. He looks good and healthy, she suddenly notices Cameron and she steps back from him. Cameron leans against the wall, he doesn't particularly care for Nash's family but he is here to support Nash.

"Don't worry, I won't bite," Cameron says with a smirk on his face. Chad had the urge to get up and go hug his son, especially since they might lose their other one but he noticed Cameron before Elizabeth and so he stayed seated and watched his wife hug Nash.

"Tell me everything," Nash says and his mother sits back down, Nash allows her to tug him down on the seat next to him.

"He was hit by a driver when he was riding his bike home from a friends house. It was a hit and run, the person just left him there on the side of the road. By the time someone noticed it and the ambulance came, he had lost so much blood and he wasn't conscious. They rushed him here and took him right away for emergency surgery." She explains and Nash sucks in a breath as his rage increases, he's furious. He wants to find the driver who ran over his little brother and almost killed him.

"There's something I need to do, I'll be back before Hayes surgery is done." Nash tells them. He quickly blocks out all thoughts surrounding him until all that's left is that if the surgeons taking care of Hayes. They managed to stop the bleeding and they hung multiple units of blood to replete what was lost as Hayes laid there dying. Hayes is still alive and that's all Nash wants.