5

Interviews are always boring. They ask the same questions over and over.

"What would you be if not a singer?"

"Bored."

"Who are your musical influences?"

"Bruce Springsteen and Joan Jett."

"What or who inspires you?"

"I inspire myself."

"Do you have any pre-show rituals?"

"Drinking."

"What has been your biggest career highlight so far?"

"Playing at Wembley Stadium."

"When will your next album be released?"

"No fucking idea - oh, can I swear on the radio?"

"What instruments do you play?"

"All of them. My parents were big on me knowing every instrument known to man."

"Where do you see yourself musically in 5 years?"

"Dead."

"Do you have any advice for aspiring musicians?"

"Don't do it."

Same questions, same answers - different talk show. Then they always play a little game, either a guess your own lyrics, or a card game or something to get their audience laughing. It's mostly at her expense but, she doesn't care much so it's no big deal. The last part always gets her a little stressed because it's unpredictable - the fan questions. She never knows what question is going to be thrown at her and they are always personal. She tries to keep her private life vague, but it's hard sometimes when you are trying to answer genuinely. These people, her fans, are spending their hard-earned money on her and they are the only reason she is where she is today so she wants to give them something honest.

"Ok! Fan question time!" the radio presenter says, "our lines have been blowing up with callers and we have selected only the best questions. Ready?"

"Yup," Angel says sneaking a peek over her shoulder just to check that Austin is still there. His presence brings a little comfort although she will now never admit that to him after the shit he pulled in the car even though she had found it highly arousing. She could tell that he was being gentle with her although she had wished he had not been - she has a fucking problem.

"Ok, first question, and I have to say a lot of people phoned in with this one. It's a two-parter. Who are you currently dating and would you ever date a fan?"

"It's always the first question. I think I would date a fan if the opportunity arose. I would not date a person based on status or what they do for a living. So the same goes for a fan. As long as they treat me right that's all that counts. But, it would be hard for a fan - it's a different world, my relationships are always open to public opinion...so careful what you ask for."

She sidesteps the current relationship question, it's a little too personal.

"Yeah, that makes sense. Ok, next question. You have chosen to never speak about your parents or family, are you on bad terms with them?"

"Not all. They're all very supportive and we are all close. My parents are my favorite people and when life gets a bit tough it's them I run to."

"Ok, we have time for one more question. This is a serious one though. The person phoned in nonstop till we agreed to ask it. Who is the person you are singing about in your songs and why are you so obsessed with them?"