33

Angel blinks her eyes open, her hand going straight to the back of her that is throbbing like a motherfucker. "Oh, my love, don't fiddle too much with the dressing, your wound will start bleeding again," she hears Lia say. Suddenly all the events come rushing at her and she scrambles, sitting up. She is in a bedroom, on a bed and Lia is sitting on the edge of the bed. "Is that my shirt?" she asks. Lia looks down at the shirt she is wearing and smooths it out. "It's cute when couples wear each other's clothing," she says then grins at Angel. "Ok, physio," Angel says then throws off the bed covers and tries to stand but she has a sudden wave of nausea roll over her and she feels lightheaded, so she sits back down.

"What the fuck did you do to me?"

"I didn't do anything. My love."

"What's with the 'my love' shit?"

Lia sighs and stands up. She walks over to a table and picks up a tray of food then walks over to Angel and puts the tray down next to her. "Eat. I need to look after you," she says. Angel is confused, her head hurts and Lia is freaking her out a little, and this nausea that sits in the pit of her stomach is gross. She screws her face up and looks at Lia. She does not look like Lia anymore but rather a psychotic version of her. "Eat, my love," Lia says again pointing to the tray. She is mad if she thinks she is going to eat. "Oh, thank you so much," Angel says sweetly as she picks up the tray and then hurls it at Lia. "You are a crazy bitch if you think I am going to shove anything in my mouth served by you, and you look stupid in my shirt!" she shouts.

"Now, Angel. That is no way to talk to me after what you did. You are lucky I have forgiven you."

"Forgive me? For what?"

"Betraying me. Betraying what we have."

"Betraying you?" Angel asks confused and stands up again. She needs to vomit. "Yes," Lia says pushing her down. Angel is feeling weak so she does not put up much of a fight. "For fucking what, Lia?" she mumbles rubbing her painful forehead. What the fuck is wrong with her? What did Lia do to her?

"You cheated on me."

Angel lifts her head and looks at Lia in confusion. "I fucking what?" she asks. "You cheated on me with Austin," Lia says. Angel would laugh but between her pounding head and her nausea, she can't. "What?" she asks standing again then notices a fucking chain on her leg. What the fuck?  Fear grips at the back of her neck when she realizes how much shit she is in. "Austin," Angel says absent-mindedly under her breath as she fiddles with the chain around her ankle. She hears Lia grunt disapprovingly next to her so she looks at her and bites her tongue. Lia's face is red and she is practically foaming. She has no idea what the fuck is going on or what Lia is talking about, and she is preoccupied with the vomit that is now on its way up.

"Please, Lia. I need the bathroom. I am going to be sick," she whispers stamping down the vomit. "No, you stay right where you are," Lia says then gasps when Angel rolls over on the bed and vomits. "What's wrong, my love?" she says stroking Angel's head. "You hit me on the head, Lia. I have a fucking concussion," Angel says wiping her mouth with her wrist and pushing Lia's hands away. "Take me home," she mumbles again, wiping sweat from her brow. "But, you are home. This is our home. I got it for us and we are going to live here for the rest of our lives."

Angel blinks her eyes at Lia and then looks around the room. It's a well-dressed room, but there is shit chance she is staying here. Lia is fucking crazy.  "I knew you would love it. I put a lot of effort into finding the perfect house for us," Lia all but squeals as she jumps up and down clapping her hands. Lia is fucked in the head and she is starting to scare Angel. She wants to shout at Lia to take her home but she is scared of what Lia is capable of right now with that crazy look in her eye. "You will stay here with me and live a happy life," she adds, still happy. Fuck no. But, Angel can't say that out loud. She needs to find a way out of here.