31

Angel wakes to Austin telling Brice and Pheobe to wait in the car while he checks the house and yard. Not this shit again. She sits up and stretches then rolls her eyes as she catches a glimpse of Austin before he disappears around the side of her house. "Home sweet home," she says with a yawn then opens her door and pushes it open. But, before she can get her leg out, Brice is out of the car and pushing her door closed. "Oh no you don't. I would prefer not to be killed by Austin on my first day," he says Angel flicks him off and rolls her eyes then groans when Armleg walks up to the car and greets Brice like they are long-lost brothers.

This is bullshit. She is surrounded fucking goons. She won't be able to piss without them knowing. Speaking of pissing. "I need to pee," she says winding down her window and climbing out of it. "What was the point of climbing out of the window?" Armleg asks. "I need to pee!" Angel says. "You can pee when Austin gets back," Brice says. "I will pee right here where I stand if you don't let me go inside," Angel challenges them. They know she will.

"Miss Knite, please don't make our lives hard," Armleg begs. "I need to pee," Angel pouts and turns away from them to go inside but Armleg blocks her way, putting his arms out in an attempt to herd her back to the car. He is scared to touch her - Austin's warning makes him weary of touching her. "If you don't let me pass I will scream and I will make a scene so you will have no choice but to grab hold of me. You know Austin will hear my scream and when he comes running and then sees you with your hand on me he will kill you," Angel says folding her arms in front of her and stamping her foot like a brat. She is being a brat, but she is tired of this shit. Her stalker is dead and Austin is going overboard now.

"He won't kill me. I will get a thumping from him, sure. But, if I let you go in that house without his permission - then I will die. So I will take my chances," Armleg says. Angel rolls her eyes again. They are all ridiculous and she is tired of Austin's over-the-top protective bullshit. There is no danger. There is no stalker. It's done and she will not pander to him any longer.

She sighs and everyone relaxes then she takes her chance and bolts toward the house. She gets halfway there when her Armleg catches her, lifting her off her feet. So she kicks out and screams.

It happens in seconds.

Austin appears out of nowhere and Armleg goes flying. He lands face down on the driveway and when Angel peeps around Austin who is standing in front of her like an angry bear, she grimaces when Armleg has to be helped up by Brice. She can see the man is in pain and it's not just because of his busted bloody lip. "I told you never to touch her," Austin growls. Angel expects Armleg or Brice to freak out and lose it with Austin but they don't. Instead, Armleg apologizes and Brice helps him limp away.

Phoebe climbs out of the car with Charlie. She is furious. Angel does not like that. Phoebe looks like a cute miniature version of Austin when she is mad. Angel wouldn't fuck with her. 

"You are out of line, Austin! You need to tell her!  You need to tell her and you need to get your shit right! I am not playing!" she shouts and then stamps past them into the house. Angel fully intends to give her space, and  Austin should too.

"Tell who? Me? Tell me what?" Angel asks to Austin's back because he has still not turned around to look at her.

"Go inside, miss Knite," he mumbles.

"No. I don't think so. What is Phoebe talking about? Tell me wha-"

"Get inside," Austin growls turning around to face her. Angel's words get stuck in her throat. Austin's eyes have gone dark and his face is stoney. She still does not think he would hurt her - but he does scare her. Whatever demons Austin is fighting are coming to the surface and he is losing control. Does she go? Does she leave him out here and go inside? It doesn't feel right. But, the way Austin is looking at her tells her she needs to shut the fuck up and do as he says.