17

Angel slides her boots on and then steps out of her room just in time to see Lia pacing at the bottom of the stairs. She is breathless and clearly very upset.

"Hey, Lia, what's up with you?"

"That bodyguard is very aggressive, Angel, you need to get rid of him."

"Austin? He is fine and there is no chance I am getting rid of him."

Lia looks like she is going to cry then her eyes flick to Angel's bedroom. "Did you sleep in your bed last night? Where did you sleep?" Lia asks. Angel is about to tell her that she has been sleeping in Austin's bed, but his reaction to Lia's questions the day before runs through her head and honestly it's none of Lia's business - it's a strange question. "I, uh...fell asleep in front of the tv last night," Angel says as she watches Lia carefully. Lia shakes her head and then looks at Angel with a little smile. "That can't be good for you, Angel. I picked that mattress just for you, remember? You confided in me that you were having back problems so I spent hours looking for the perfect mattress for you," she says wagging her finger at her with a playful pout, "don't do that again, sleep in your bed, missy," she says then smiles. It's not unusual behavior for Lia, she often plays with Angel like this. She just thought it was Lia's way of trying to look out for her but Austin freaked her out yesterday and now Lia just feels off.

She shakes her head and squeezes her eyes shut. Austin is just being overprotective, there is nothing wrong with Lia. She has been with Angel for years and has always looked after her. "Come on, let's go," Angel says wanting to get to Austin. She turns and walks into the kitchen where Austin and Armleg are busy having a whispered conversation. They stop talking as soon as Angel and Lia walk in. "Ready?" Austin asks washing the coffee mugs and putting them into the dishwasher. "Lia, can you arrange for a housekeeper?" Angel asks. Lia nods and pulls out her phone but Armleg suddenly speaks. "Actually, I have already arranged one. She starts tomorrow," he says. "Excuse me?" Lia asks, annoyed. "I approved it. I am tired of washing my shit and cleaning up after you," Austin says to Angel as Lia glares at him. "That's fine," Angel says, it's not like she didn't notice that he cleaned up her entire baking mess the other day and she trusts whoever Austin brings into this house.

She kisses Charlie goodbye, and then disappears to the car. Lia climbs into the back with her and Angel bats Austin's hands away when he tries to do up her seatbelt. "Stop that, I am not a child," she mumbles. "Then stop acting like one," Austin bites back, ignoring her fluttering hands, and clips her seatbelt in. "I want to stop for coffee," she says as Austin stands then holds her door open, raising his eyebrows and cocking his head. "Please. Please may we stop for coffee?" she asks politely. "Of course, Miss Knite," Austin says then closes her door and jumps in front. Nate lets out a bark of a laugh and shakes his head as he pulls off. "Man, I need you to have a chat with my girlfriend - the woman is bossy and has no ears either...no offense, Angel," he says. "Offence taken, Nate," Angel says, but she has to hide her grin. "You know, he shouldn't talk to you like that. It's very disrespectful. You deserve better," Lia whispers taking Angel's hand and stoking it, again, not an unusual move from her - she is a sweet girl. But, it is a little creepy so she takes her hand back.

The studio has a few die-hard fans waiting to catch a glimpse of Angel as she heads into the studio and it takes all of her negotiation skills to convince Austin to let her pop across the road to have a chat with them. "Please, Austin, there are only twenty-ish of them and they have been sitting here for ages," she begs. "There are twenty-three and no," he says. "If you don't let me go I will sneak out. I will make a fuss," Angel moans.

"Who are you going to sneak past?  Me?  Finch?  Curry? I think not."

"Curry is not even here!"

Austin raises an eyebrow and points to the top of a building across the road. Angel looks up and sees Curry waving at her. Assholes.